HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember reading somewhere that the plastic "dots" on the factory sights can be removed and replaced by tritium glowing night sights. Is this correct? If so, who sells the replacement rods?

thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
As you would imagine tritium is a highly controlled substance, so you're not going to find tritium lamps as a replacement part. However there are companies that can drill into your existing sites and install them for you like Tooltech Gunsight. They are recommended by Trijicon should Trijicon not offer the proper night sights for your gun.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I remember the thread but if I'm not mistaken it was about the P7. It involved drilling out the white plastic rod (if it hadn't fallen out already) and epoxying in the Tritium vials. Supposedly you can buy them from Trijicon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this in a trijicon catalog:

P7, USP full size and Mark 23 pistols were designed for Trijicon round lamp
assemblies. Factory blades come with drilled holes filled with white plastic rod.
X.HK01 is installed in existing sights. HK04, HK05, HK06 and HK08 are
replacement sights. HK07 fits all H&K rifles, carbines and SMGs with ring-style front sight.
X.HK01 Coupon for H&K P7, 3 Dot front & rear night sight set
HK04 H&K P7 Long 3 Dot front & rear night sight set
HK05 H&K P7 Short 3 Dot front & rear night sight set
HK06 H&K USP 3 Dot front & rear night sight set
HK07 H&K Rifle 3 Dot front & rear night sight set
HK08 H&K USP Compact 3 Dot front & rear night sight set

has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for all the self posting, but I found the original web page that I found this info on:

Trijicon Night Sights

"The HK USP was the first pistol designed for the Trijicon round sight assembly, thus the factory drilled holes that hold the existing white rods in place are compatible with Trijicon insert model HK01, which is a 3-dot set. Installation is a matter of having your gunsmith replace the existing white rods in the sight blades with the self luminous Trijicon sight assemblies."

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have done it, here is my posting http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/132913-trijicon-inserts-p7-part-2-a.html .
You return the sights to Trijicon and they will install them. I don't know of anyone that will sell you the inserts to install yourself. I have done three sets of P7 sights. A forth set of P7 sights that I tried to drill out were apparently hardened and I was unable to drill them.
I don't know if this works on the USP.
I found a set of HK08 sights on GB for $76 delivered that I put on my USPc, so no need to fart around with trying to drill them out.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you just want to replace the white plastic rods in the sights you might want to contact [email protected] and see if he carries them.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Drill out the white dots? Sh*t, I just shot out the one in my front sight last month (USP). Seriously. I have what might be the first HK factory holosight, it is hollow after all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have heard in an old 80's p7 video, it has a LIFE TIME WARRANTY, is that really true? one of my rear dots, chipped away it seems like, and is smaller and deeper then the dot next to it, very annoying. will hk do something about it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts