1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Sure it's possible, they've only been "discontinued" twice now. The most recent release was 'AK' but who's to say they didn't make another batch.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
God, I wish they would go back to the stainless matte finish they did earlier on with the USP's.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Any changes from the old and the "new" or are these old stock that were kept for warranty like car manufacturers do with parts for 10 yrs
Did HK make improvements from the original versions?
or was it just finish? Anyone have a side by side pic of the 2 finishes?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I don't post pictures but I do own a KG usp 45 & a AK usp 40. The stainless on the KG is a bit dulled, and not so shiny. I prefer it. To me its a sharp looking but rugged stainless finish. I believe they quit doing the matte stainless in the late 90's or 00-01. Other than slight markings changes everything else is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with a dealer and they have a 45 USP Stainless "BNIB" in stock.......AND 2 9mm new.
OK, sounds normal so far BUT the date code is BC !!!!!

Is that possible,a 2012 USP SS ????
I will believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is my problem too, i dont have time today to make it out and take pics.......hopefully this week. But I'm in Canada so why would we get new SS USP's before the USA?
You guyz always get the good stuff first....and in volume !!!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Its probably just nib because it never sold. Although I do think they should continue the stainless.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Its probably just nib because it never sold. Although I do think they should continue the stainless.
With a 2012 date code?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yea I saw that, but like others have said i'll believe it when I see it. Guy could have been just trying to get him to come to the store. Wouldnt be the first time it's happened, recently I called a LGS that usually has odd-ball hk's to see if they had any in stock. He said they had an hk45ct, and a p30. I show up and it was a usp CT not a hk45CT. Not everyone is as privy to the hk product line and its details as well as we are.

Hell, I hope that guy is right! I'm about to get a uspc 45 SS locally because I like them so much after getting the wife's uspc 9 SS.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did all the web surfing I can at work today (eyes are blurry!!)....and I can't find any posting of any SS with a BC date code....found the USP Experts with BC.....BUT so far no Stainless.
If any HK factory experts can answer, but would HK just serialize an newer USP with a factory surplus slide in stainless just to clear out parts. Seems this may be the best
explaination I can get from anyone. Just like they have replacement warranty parts if any existing slides needed to be replaced.

Dying to make my way out and check these 4 pistols out....too bad the place wasn't closer!!!!
I'm email for pics tonight and see what they send me.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My guess is that it would be a new surplus slide stamped with the current date code when they assembled it as a new gun.

My USPc 9mm is likely an example of this. HK hasn't done the deep "HK" roll mark thing on the front of the slides for years. It's now the gold color, laser etched marking on the USPs. Mine has a BA (2010) date code and the deep HK. All the other BA ones I've seen to also include BB and BB are all laser etched.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is my problem too, i dont have time today to make it out and take pics.......hopefully this week. But I'm in Canada so why would we get new SS USP's before the USA?
You guyz always get the good stuff first....and in volume !!!!
I thought you guys could not own pistols in Canada. What exactly are the laws on that?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I guess anything is possible. I didn't even notice something was missing on my Custom Combat slide until one day I took a pic for a member here and realized it was missing something.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I guess anything is possible. I didn't even notice something was missing on my Custom Combat slide until one day I took a pic for a member here and realized it was missing something.

It's missing the caliber engraving from the side of the slide?

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I don't know why HK doesn't listen to the customer ... I'm sure they have their spies listening here and there but from what I see HK isn't a civillian oriented company. I understand the contracts they get fill their pockets, but it would please a lot of people to revive and update some of their classics. USPc SS is as American as the 1911 to Hk people.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In Canada, if you can find a USPc in blued..you won the lottery!!!....an SS USPc would be sold before you could type the forum posting!!!! (in any caliber)

Psst!!!! any Canadians have a USP SS (any model)....let me know!!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts