HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up a LNIB USPf 45 Stainless for $505 on GB - thought that was a great buy. Date code AA in V-1. Had two 10 Rnd mags as well.

I've found a supplier that quoted $70 for 4 10 Rnd mags (shipped). So I'll probably order those this week.

I'm having trouble finding a nice OWB leather holser, preferring a SOB or Pancake style. Any suggestions?

Also curious, I've always carried my 1911's cocked and locked but am thinking of relying on the DA mode for this gun. Any particular reason I should consider one mode over the other?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I like the DA mode of carry better. The trigger pull is a little longer, and a little harder thus safer. Also, for the same reason LEOs were taught to never put a revolver on SA before shooting it. (For those old enough to remember those days.) If a lawyer got wind of it in a trial they could have fun with you for doing it. As far as a holster I prefer the Galco SOB.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, I am old enough to remember those Revolver days! Still shoot 'em, just don't carry 'em anymore.

Thanks for the input - DA seems to make good sense to me, and quite frankly, that long DA trigger pull gets much lighter and shorter when adrenelin is flowing.

I've used Don Hume in the past and they're fine, but I'll look into the Galco as I know there's something better out there than Hume.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a screaming deal on the gun - way better than my used one. Don't pay any more than you have to with those mags.

Check this deal out ($62 shipped for 4-10ers, also way better than my used mags)-
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=821605&postcount=4
I appreciate the lead on the magazines - I'll contact them tomorrow.

I thought I did well on the pistol, just wasn't certain about the SS slide. The last one I had was black and I really preferred that, but I can sure live with this one.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Thanks for the input - DA seems to make good sense to me, and quite frankly, that long DA trigger pull gets much lighter and shorter when adrenelin is flowing.

I've used Don Hume in the past and they're fine, but I'll look into the Galco as I know there's something better out there than Hume.
Some people seem to forget that too. Most people who are involved in shootings Police Officers included have no idea how many shots they even fired. Much less noticing trigger pull etc.

I don't know if Galco is any better or not but I like them. Especially for my SOBs.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts

I thought I did well on the pistol, just wasn't certain about the SS slide. The last one I had was black and I really preferred that, but I can sure live with this one.
The current stainless slides are all there is. There will be no more.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I don't like shiny guns that aren't revolvers, so I went with black.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Well, yes and no. None will be imported to the US but if you wanted to, you could get one imported from Canada. They are still made, just not imported to the US. ;)

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=26&pid=76

and I like shiny guns. :D

http://www.pnwzj.com/images/6hks.jpg
Sounds like too much trouble I'll stick to the black TACTICOOL guns.:D Except for the couple that have went to Tripps that were worn and needed to be made purdy again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like too much trouble I'll stick to the black TACTICOOL guns.:D Except for the couple that have went to Tripps that were worn and needed to be made purdy again.
It would be extermely expensive as well. ;) But it is an option, if you wanted to go through the hassle of importing one. Plus the exchange rate now would make it rediculous $$$.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an equal number of both black and stainless among my collection of pistos and revolvers and I'm very pleased with all of them.

This HK is my first gun though that is a mix and it really doesn't bother me at all. I have friends who buy nothing but DUO finished guns - don't know why, I guess they like the look or the ease of cleaning.

Either way, I'm a happy camper because fit and function are far more important than finish.

Who knows, if HK sees a market in the USA for that look again, they'll bring them back. In the mean time, it seems I may be the proud owner of a collectors item.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts