HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USP Tactical .45 and want to purchase 12rd mags for it but I am unsure which ones I should purchase. I have searched and found there to full size USP 12rd mags but I have also seen 10rd USP tactical / MK23 mags, which I have. But is there a difference in the USP tactical mags and the full size USP mags?? Do I need a mag well extender?? Where can I find 12 rd USP Tactical mags??

Thanks

KC

·
Registered
851 Posts
I suggest you check CDNN for mags. The "Tactical" mags for the USP .45's are usually the ones most refer to as magazines for full size USP .45's with the finger extension base plates. This feature for USP mags was first introduced with Tactical models, hence the reference; Tactical mags.

There are mags out there with flat base plates. There are mags out there that are 10 or 12 rounders. If you have a full size USP .45 (not a Compact model) then any of those mags will work with your gun, nothing "extra" required whatsoever. It all depends on what you are looking for. Hope this helps. If all else fails, look at the pic and read the description of the item to see if it meets your needs. Good luck!

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hk2.html

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Get the usp fullsize mags with the finger thing on them. You can use the MK23 mags however....they are even more expensive. I would just get the 12 round usp mags and call it quits for that

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sound mag floorplate extenders on HK Perfection for $5 each, but doues that extend 10rd mags to 12 rounds or just add the finger guard to the mag??

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I sound mag floorplate extenders on HK Perfection for $5 each, but doues that extend 10rd mags to 12 rounds or just add the finger guard to the mag??
Without even looking at them I will say that they probably just add the finger guard to the mag

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
All USP .45 mags are the same. You can use any of them in your Tactical, even the Mark 23 mags if you want. The only difference is the floor plates but all will work perfectly in the USP. The USP mags come in two versions of floor plates, flat and extended. The extended do not increase capacity. Either will work perfectly in any USP .45.
The Mark 23 mags will also work but there will be a gap at the bottom of the mag. You can put on a USP floor plate and they will look like any other USP magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts