HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put night sights on my tactical 45. I like to stick with an adjusiable rear sight, but don't want to go with the full size front sight that would accommodate a suppressor. What sights do you recommend I go with? I really like the TFO's but not sure if the front sight will fit my usp's dovetail. PLEASE ADVISE

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If you ever plan on selling it I think most people in the market for that pistol would be turned off by replacing the sites with lower height ones. Why not just get the night version of the adjustable/taller sights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holsters are the main factor, I haven't found a good range/ranch, off duty/non tactical holster that will fit the high profile ft sight without having to custom make one.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Holsters are the main factor, I haven't found a good range/ranch, off duty/non tactical holster that will fit the high profile ft sight without having to custom make one.
FWIW, I got the leather Don Hume holster (also on TGS website, ~$45) for the USP45 and worked the living **** out of it. I would work the leather with my hands while watching Tv or somethig. I also would wrap my pistol in the plastic wrapper it came in and work the gun in and out of the holster, then leave i in there for days. After all that it works quite well for my USPT40

I actually bought it for my USP45 Custom Combat, which came with a Novak front sight from the facotry that also sits higher than a regular sight. What a PITA to find a holster fo that. I figured because of the properties of leather I would make it work and it does. It actually works better for my USPT though because of the angle on the front sight allows it to slide out easily.

ETA - That same holster fits my P30L like a glove... almost better than the USP.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yea, if someone could come up with a batch of tactical holsters I bet they would sell like hotcakes on here. I bought a bladetech for my USP-SD with a streamlight. It's a nice holster, but was pricey at around $80.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
If you don't go with a full size front sight, and keep the adjustable rear sights - won't the sight picture be off and wrong? . . .
Yes, even with the adjustable rear set all the way down at the bottom, the standard USP front sight will be much too low. Your POI will be 6 or 8 inches above the dot.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Galco makes good stuff. I use their skyops holster with my USPc. I recently tried to stick my SD in but it wouldn't fit. I have the GG&G rail adapter on there, but I suspect without it, the SD might fit in the holster made for the 45c.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are needing a leather OWB holster, pm me. I have one for my tactical...custom made. I dont use it and it is good quality. I'll get ya a smokin' deal on it if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I am looking to put night sights on my tactical 45. I like to stick with an adjusiable rear sight, but don't want to go with the full size front sight that would accommodate a suppressor. What sights do you recommend I go with? I really like the TFO's but not sure if the front sight will fit my usp's dovetail. PLEASE ADVISE
HK sells single OEM Meprolight front sights for a very fair price. You'll have to call them directly if you want this.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you do change those sights, let me know. I might be able to help you soften the cost of the new ones by buying your old factory sights.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I only purchased the new front sight. I hope to god it's the same height as the stock front sight. I'm leaving the adjustable rear sights stock. Has anyone else here done the same? I'm curious to see the black rear/single dot front combo.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Mepro front sight (tactical height) will work but you'll have to crank-down the rear stock sight. I have one USP set up this way (w/Mepros). The ameriglow front sight is closer to the stock height and will allow more adjustability for elevation.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome! UPS says the Ameriglo will be delivered tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out if I should attempt installation or pay to have it done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts