HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was able to find one seemingly in good shape, but the trigger is gritty, and the ejected casings look "scored" , or that is the best description I can give you.
I'll get a picture as soon as I can, but they all look like there's some kind of blow back in the barrel, or when they are ejected. The discolored part covers about 1/2 of the mouth of the brass and goes 2/3 of the length, nearly to the rim.
Has anyone heard or seen anything like this before?
I don't have any other pistols that do this.

thanks!!
edited for picture.
this shows one non-colored and one "scored" - you can see the discoloration covering nearly all of the casing.
Brass Metal Ammunition Bullet Auto part

·
Registered
90 Posts
Scored or scorched? I've seen ammo that comes out looking like that, never concerned me. I assume it wasn't sooty indicating blow by like too lite of charge?
On the trigger, I have found a couple areas in their triggers that can cause that, the bearing surface on the front bottom of the hammer, the lower tang of the trigger bar where it rides on the trigger bar detent. Some feel squeaky (like plastic rubbing) as opposed to gritty, that's usually the hammer rubbing on the rear frame cutout, usually on the right side. I stone and polish the bottom of the trigger bar and the detent plunger which usually gets it and file the right side of the frame if it's rubbing. You can see if it's rubbing on the frame while you pull the trigger in DA and if so you can usually push the hammer a little to the other side and that feeling will go away if that's the case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scorched - the ammo has all been factory reloads as I haven't ran any of mine through it yet.
I'll check out the trigger - thanks for the info on that! I'll see what I can find!
:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lap it in through dry-firing with a dummy round. If you break anything by dry-firing a few thousand times, the parts are under $50. Or, you could detail strip it to check for burrs; relatively easy.

With regards to the blowback / discoloration, are you losing any velocity? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phuam - I haven't speed tested, but I have to say I thought the penetration of the rounds was lacking big time.
I've decided to send to H&K and have them do the test and clean since I bought it used and see what they find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts