HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add my first USP to my collection. Which caliber is more iconic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's really a coin toss between the two of them and both are fantastic pistols. The .45acp USPT is far more iconic than the 9mm USPT though.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
USPT 45 hands down, the 9mm will be a great pistol too though. Both is the easy answer, the 45 is the right one. :biggrin:

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you plan on shooting it regularly, the .9 is far more economical to practice with. And .9 defense ammo has came a long way in the past twenty years.
I love my tactical. 45. Only wish i could feed it better and enjoy it more.
Both are extremely good choices, but as always, get one you can afford to practice with. That's my opinion, Of Course. .
Good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
9mm will have a slightly smaller grip (and overall will be smaller), if you've got smaller hands. Mags are cheaper, ammo will be cheaper... .45 will probably be better to suppress since most .45 is subsonic. And the .45 Tactical has been around much longer the 9 Tactical.

Personally, I have a Mark 23 for my full (or perhaps past full) sized .45, and a USP Tactical 9mm, and don't feel the need for a USP Tactical .45. If you can afford the Mark 23, I say go for it, there's not a single handgun I can shoot nearly as well as it (USP Tactical included).

·
Registered
5 Posts
the usp is considered an advanced 1911 45 acp and is classic in 45 if your thinking 9mm why not the gun of the year two years in a row HK vp9

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
I dunno. It seems conventional wisdom would indicate get the USP45T as it's the "iconic" one, and yah, it's great.

I'll be honest though, I really like shooting my USP9SD w/match trigger and can. Using 147 grn subs or 158 grn subs (PPU ammo), I thought it was really nice.

Do you have a pistol silencer? If so, maybe make the decision based on that? If you have 45 and 9 cans, I'd just flip a coin.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
USP45, my first HK after the P7M8 and M13. Then came the USP Tactical 45.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Depends if ammo cost is a concern or not. My first choice is Tactical .45

·
Registered
51 Posts
.45 without a doubt. Fantastic shooter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
personally Id get 9 as subsonic 9 is still considerably less expensive than any 45.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts