HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I commented on a post from HKs official Instagram lamenting the fact that I haven’t been able to find a USP tactical in 9mm. A gentleman named renaissances tactical sent me a message stating that he had one in stock. He stated that it’s new and sent me the picture below. Do tacticals come in soft cases? My Mark 23 came in a standard hard case. He’s asking $1200 including shipping which seems quite low. I’ll have to ask for more pics as the one he sent is low quality, but it appears to have a match trigger. I’m apprehensive because I’ve heard horror stories of people being scammed. Thoughts? Any questions I should ask? My guts are telling me to stay away but I really want one lol.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
First make sure it’s a real company. Address matches and phone number matches. Check reviews. Use credit card if possible.
more pics. Verify usp 9 tactical (o-ring, tactical written on slide and match trigger) vs SD

Trigger could be done after the fact

that blast light can fetch a pretty penny

·
Registered
239 Posts
I find the grip marking suspicious. By the time the USP Tactical 9mm was released, I believe most of the frames were marked USP in big letters, instead of HK USP in smaller letters as it is there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's a USP 45 Tactical (USP9 magazines are polymer).

BTW, an early USP45T will include the Eagle case as pictured above.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
So I commented on a post from HKs official Instagram lamenting the fact that I haven’t been able to find a USP tactical in 9mm. A gentleman named renaissances tactical sent me a message stating that he had one in stock. He stated that it’s new and sent me the picture below. Do tacticals come in soft cases? My Mark 23 came in a standard hard case. He’s asking $1200 including shipping which seems quite low. I’ll have to ask for more pics as the one he sent is low quality, but it appears to have a match trigger. I’m apprehensive because I’ve heard horror stories of people being scammed. Thoughts? Any questions I should ask? My guts are telling me to stay away but I really want one lol. View attachment 296077
The picture is too blurry to make out TACTICAL on the slide, could be an USP SD 9mm. I would pass just because, unless the seller can provide high resolution images and everything can be verified. No the USP Tactical 9mm DOES NOT ship in the soft case pictured...pass on it just to be safe. If a seller does not know the difference between a USP 9mm Tactical and a USP SD 9mm, avoid the transaction.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Scam, pass and run away, tactical can be made out, but not well along with the date code starting with K, which matches with the frame markings and slide marking positioning. This could be moved to scam section and if possible might want to post any contact info this person provided to help others in the future not fall prey to this individual.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I have a BH dated USP9 Tactical that came in a hard case. That picture is definitely of a USP45 Tactical. It seems like a scam to me.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts

I also forgot to mention the wording on the frame as well. The USP9 Tactical does not have the HK logo.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yep, move past this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I certainly came to the right place for advice. I knew it was fishy. I’m glad I learned a few things about the US9T in the process. After the initial exchange I asked him to clarify what caliber it was, and he doubled down that it was a 9mm. I didn’t call him out based on the info I learned here because I feel that it’s best scammers aren’t armed with better knowledge to better scam people. His Instagram handle is renaissances_tactical for future reference.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I understand there is a way to track photos and see if they where they originated, someone more sophisticated than I would have to do explain/ execute the metadata search.

My bet is this scammer picked up that photo someplace else on the web.

HK Ag

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,660 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe everyone of those accounts on IG that comment “got one in stock, DM me” are a scam. I’ve noticed them on a lot of manufacturer’s pages for every gun someone asks about. You can even comment on HK’s page about wanting an Mp7 or a UCP and they’ll say they have one in stock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I paid $1,300 for one today. Because it was local and I haven't been able to find one anywhere. There are a few on Armslist. One is pre-owned. (If that matters to you). But, they are pretty pricey. I have a brand new USP9 full-size with the raised, tactical, (OEM), adjustable sites, threaded barrel, (RCM from Hkparts), original factory OEM barrel, and 4 factory Hk 15 round mags I'm going to post for sale pretty soon if that interests you at all. All brand new, and cheaper than a Tactical. It just won't say Tactical on the side. 🤪 Not trying to pitch a sale, (yet). But just thought I'd let you know. I wish they made a USP9CT!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts