HKPRO Forums banner

Usp tactical 9mm subsonic failure

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rjv140 
#1 ·
Earlier today I was using a 9mm usp tactical with octane 45. Overall, No issues with 115 supersonic but with 147 gr ammo (900 fps) the gun would not cycle properly either with our w/o can. The subsonic ammo didn't not have enough juice to rack the slide back and load a new round into the chamber. The spent brass would get caught in the slide along with the next round going into the chamber. Very frustrating.

This same subsonic round (147 gr w/ 4.5 gr of power pistol) works fine in other guns with and w/o can.

I am thinking the serious double recoil spring system in the usp tactical is likely the culprit.

Can someone recommend what subsonic load works in usp tactical 9mm with and w/o can? Thanks.

#4 ·
Mine did the same thing until I broke it in about 300 rounds later with just 115 or 124 grain. I can now used Federal American Eagle, Speer and Blazer Brass 147 grain.

#6 ·
Care to share what brand of subs you're using? Handloads? Maybe that's the problem. I've had no problems with Fiocchi 158gr, S&B 147gr and 140gr (kinda rare but GOOD), even round nose 147gr reloads. Am Eagle 147gr tnp works fine the few times I've used it in the USP (and UZI), but if you have an mp5 also it can be a little spotty on feeding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.