HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I found a great buy on a safe queen USP 45 Tactical a month or so ago and I love the pistol. It looks great next to my other HK 45's as well. So here is the stupid question of the day: Why are the sights lacking any "dots" that my other pistols have? Are they target sights or am I completely missing the boat here? I know that there are great replacement sights but I am one of those guys that just likes to know "why" all the time. I love my HK's and I just want to know all I can and educate myself a little more. Hook me up with some HKPro knowledge fellas....

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
If the gun is for CCW/HD I would certainly suggest the 3-dot Tritium sight (adjustable or not). For target shooting with decent lighting, I find a single-dot up front (tritium or not) with the stock rear all-black sights to be extremely quick to pick-up and sight with minimal visual clutter.

I had an Expert and a Tactical (with the 2 types of sights discussed) at the range the other day and just found the stock rear target sights/tritium front to be very easy and natural to put on target. Going back to the 3-dot sights just seemed like a visual "mess"

I have a Tactical, Expert and Elite with the target rear/tritium front.

Nightstand guns have 3-dot Mepro's

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. I do like the sight picture with them and since it is not a CCW or HD gun they work great at the range. I do like the idea of setting the front post to tritium though. I just couldn't imagine using this as a HD weapon or any other kind of duty weapon in anything other than well lit areas with those factory sights. I assumed because it was marketed as a "tactical" smaller version of the Mark 23 that HK would put different sights on it.
Either way I love the pistol and for what I am using it for it suits me perfect. I was just curious and as I said earlier like to know "why" a little too much!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I still have the stock ones on my SD. At first I liked the idea of having no dots because then I could focus mostly on the amount of light on each side of the front sight post... Well, that didn't go as planned. I still like the 3 dots on my Mark 23 and will probably be swapping out the adjustable target sights for something else. I know there are a few options out there, but I still need something "high" to see over a can.

·
Registered
410 Posts
curiously, i began to shoot sub 2" @ 25 yds. when i put the adjustable mepros on my tactical. i think they have a wider cut rear notch, stock is just too darn narrow for my taste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts