HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from the range earlier today with my brother and his girlfriend. I decided to clean my USP and my brothers girlfriend wants to learn to clean it. I say ok and walk her through it. She gets it put together and they leave. An hour later, I go to put it away. I see that the bbl has been put upside down and somehow the gun is locked to the frame. After a while, the slide finally comes off but the recoil spring is still stuck in the frame. The spring came out after some angry words, and its finally back together. I seriously thought I was going to need a gunsmith to fix this.
Lessons learned:
Dont let others touch your favorite gun
Approach the situation calmly so as to not leave a tiny dent inside the frame like I did.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have been sitting here reading this and trying to think how in the hell that slide could lock in battery with the bbl upside down!
I never let anyone touch my HK's without either me watching, or them having extensive knowledge of them. I too learned the hard way....

Turned 21 and went right to LGS to buy an USP .45. THAT DAY, i brought it home and my buddy who was a cop was looking at it and I wasnt paying attention. I had just finished telling them about the new safety device that "locked" the slide back located in the magwell. (It was a new idea at the time and it was interesting.) This chucklehead engages it and goes to rack the slide. the bad part is that he succeeded in doing it and bent my hammer strut in the process. I honestly thought about pistol whipping him with it...!

Anyways lesson learned, no one touches your babies unless you watch or they know what the hell they are doing. Glad it worked out allright for you brother! My .45 Tac is my favorite HK and pistol period. Just sweet...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have been sitting here reading this and trying to think how in the hell that slide could lock in battery with the bbl upside down!
I never let anyone touch my HK's without either me watching, or them having extensive knowledge of them. I too learned the hard way....

Turned 21 and went right to LGS to buy an USP .45. THAT DAY, i brought it home and my buddy who was a cop was looking at it and I wasnt paying attention. I had just finished telling them about the new safety device that "locked" the slide back located in the magwell. (It was a new idea at the time and it was interesting.) This chucklehead engages it and goes to rack the slide. the bad part is that he succeeded in doing it and bent my hammer strut in the process. I honestly thought about pistol whipping him with it...!

Anyways lesson learned, no one touches your babies unless you watch or they know what the hell they are doing. Glad it worked out allright for you brother! My .45 Tac is my favorite HK and pistol period. Just sweet...
Actually I was right there, but I was cleaning my 1911. So I wasnt giving it my full attention. Lesson learned, the gun is just fine. My nerves not so much.
Btw sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope It worked out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah bro had it for less than 24hrs and was already on the phone with HK CS. The bright side is that they fixedit for free and were really cool to me on the phone so I dont buy into the whole "HK hates us mentality". They fixed it and paid for shipping because my friend was a dumba**. Doesnt get any better than that!

Dont want to hijack your thread but judging from your screen name you are also a SIG fan. I too love them and own quite a few old and new. I aint buying into the whole Sig sucks thing either...

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Just reading this thread makes me sick. I would have lost it. Nobody with the exception of my wife touches my firearms. Nobody else has access to them, anyway.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
. . .Turned 21 and went right to LGS to buy an USP .45. THAT DAY, i brought it home and my buddy who was a cop was looking at it and I wasnt paying attention. I had just finished telling them about the new safety device that "locked" the slide back located in the magwell. (It was a new idea at the time and it was interesting.) This chucklehead engages it and goes to rack the slide. the bad part is that he succeeded in doing it and bent my hammer strut in the process. I honestly thought about pistol whipping him with it...!
SORRY man! It was a mistake OKAY??! I thought you said it locked the slide, and I wanted to see it work. I didn't mean to break your damn toy! SHEEEZ!! Some people just can't take a joke. . . .

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am sorry Orfeo, I tend to take things too seriously. I'm sorry I thought about pistol whipping you with the gun I saved up for that you broke. That was wrong and I am sorry. Flowers inbound...:wink:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just reading this thread makes me sick. I would have lost it. Nobody with the exception of my wife touches my firearms. Nobody else has access to them, anyway.
Yeah i would have lost my S&%t. When it comes to cleaning and disassembling my firearms, no one touches them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have never heard of anyone successfully installing the barrel upside down into the slide and putting it onto the frame. That certainly is a new one for me. Glad to hear you were able to correct it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Females. Coming in between men and their guns since the first "can i hold it?" Was uttered. Only a girl could accomplish that reassembly.

I'd be yelling every cuss word in the book if that happened

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

Me too, don't see how its possible??

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I got the roil spring off track in a friends M&P9 and I am a very experienced gun owner. It caused the slide to not be able to open. It's all about putting the stupid guide spring rod in the right notch of the barrel lug. While I knew it would work its way loose eventually, my friend looked at me like I was about to buy his brand new broken gun from him, lol S* happens

1 - 17 of 17 Posts