HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took in a LNIB USP 45 Tactical and it is nice. Now my question/s....

Will never get a can, so should I swap out the barrel and get the standard barrel.

So without a can I won't need the tall sights, so swab them out with night sights.

Or, do I just sell it and get a standard USP 45?

I do like the match trigger, although my other HK's are LEM.

Am I defeating the purpose of the Tactical by making those changes and lowering the value of the pistol significantly?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Keep it and convert it to a LEM. Then it's a match/hybrid LEM.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Keep it and convert it. I know would miss the match trigger and match sights plus the o-ringed barrel if I were to sell my tactical to get a standard USP. YMMV

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't need much persuading...just ordered night sights and a standard barrel. Just needed a little nudge. Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Didn't need much persuading...just ordered night sights and a standard barrel. Just needed a little nudge. Thanks.
Why wouldn't you just keep the threaded one? It's longer and has the o ring?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. My decision to convert was that I'll never use a can and I plan on using this as my IDPA pistol. I really like the match trigger, but prefer to use LEM on my carry pistols. Buying a standard USP and converting it seemed to be the longest path, so I decided to stay with the Tactical.

If I decide to sell the Tactical at a later date I'll likely lose some value, but it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Keep it and convert it to a LEM. Then it's a match/hybrid LEM.
Well said. Don't ruin your tactical. Could pick up a USP45 for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I think he wanted the other features the Tactical had. Buying a standard USP and adding them would have been more than just buying a Tactical and buying a Standard barrel then selling the threaded barrel. Might have been cheaper stil to have the threads machined off of the Tactical barrel and crowned back to standard length......

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the Tactical on a trade. I like the pistol, but do not need the threaded barrel. After playing with it for a while I decided I really liked the trigger for IDPA but not for carry. I carry LEM triggers. The pistol is as new so, instead of looking for a standard USP I decided to keep the Tact, sell the barrel and buy the standard barrel.

I now have a great pistol for IDPA at little expense and with the match trigger.

Just my way of doing it

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Well anyway, you have an awesome pistol in the USP Tactical. I have toyed with buying another Tac and an extra standard barrel so I could better carry it concealed and use it for training. I may still after reading this thread. Occasionally one pops up for sale around here at a bargain basement price. I just missed out on one for 750.00 with two mags and gray soft case.... Just a day late and dollar short.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it is a nice pistol and I didn't want to totally lose the "Tactical" integrity. I can always take it back to it's original state by just getting the threaded barrel. Didn't t want to totally remake the pistol. Good luck on finding one, really great trigger.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Then you end up with: The European Custom Sport .45 is identical to the Tactical .45, except for extended threaded barrel of the Tactical - Custom Sport .45 uses the standard USP .45 barrel with no o-ring. Custom Sport .45

·
Registered
403 Posts
You could always use the threads for a flash suppressor rather than a sound suppressor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts