HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the gun and finished waiting to get on this forum to ask the question:

Got a USP tactical in .45ACP and like it just fine. Test-fired and it shot fine. But there are some scuff marks at the base of the handgrip where that plastic key goes. As well when the pistol is on safe, and uncocked, I can pull the trigger and raise the hammer to half-cock.

Is this normal, or is the gun broken by the previous user? To be able to pull the trigger and half-cock the hammer when the gun is on safe?

thanks in advance;
Scott

·
Registered
178 Posts
My compact does the same thing. With the hammer down(uncocked) and on safe I squeeze the trigger and the hammer clicks at half cock and continues traveling rearward until it stops before full cock. Then when releasing the trigger the hammer falls back to halfcock.

Nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
All of that is completely normal at least that is how my 45 tac is. I figure the scuff marks by the spring lock are part of the manufacturing process and or magazine insertion/extraction related.
The Half cock while the safe is on is normal. I wish I knew the reasoning behind that feature.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
It's normal, think about it. If the hammer was back and the gun was dropped or something and caused the hammer to fall. The hammer has a half cock notch to stop the hammer from falling all the way.

In most modern firearms there are other things to keep the gun from firing a chambered round if something weird happens like a failed sear or broken hammer and the redundancy is there in the form of firing pin safety and disconnectors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, it was a second-hand buy and I heard that some people break them with that little lock so good to hear that's normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts