HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my set of USPs configured how I want them but one, Compact 45, has a ugly DA trigger pull. The rest are good, well normal and relatively smooth. But this one, if it were metal I'd describe it as galling but maybe squeaky plastic rubbing feeling, but I can't figure out where it's coming from. Any ideas gents?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
So I have my set of USPs configured how I want them but one, Compact 45, has a ugly DA trigger pull. The rest are good, well normal and relatively smooth. But this one, if it were metal I'd describe it as galling but maybe squeaky plastic rubbing feeling, but I can't figure out where it's coming from. Any ideas gents?
It sounds like you changed the v yourself. Step 1, redo the gun and check your part numbers.
Dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't changed the variant, all V1. I have match parts for them but only thing I've changed on the 45 compact was to put a spurred hammer on. I't was grungy from the factory and the hammer didn't change it. At first I thought the hammer was rubbing on the frame in the back because if I push lightly on the side of that hammer spur in either direction it feels a lot smoother but I'm not sure if that's really changing anything or just tricking myself.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Perhaps checking the trigger bar to make sure there aren't any burrs on it since you said it's like that from factory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it, not sure which one did the most but I stoned then polished the hammer tang on the trigger bar, the bearing surfaces and tang notch on the hammer, the inside circumferences and edge on the sear and the catch. Only downside is now it's nicer/smoother than the others so I guess I got 5 more to do.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Got it, not sure which one did the most but I stoned then polished the hammer tang on the trigger bar, the bearing surfaces and tang notch on the hammer, the inside circumferences and edge on the sear and the catch. Only downside is now it's nicer/smoother than the others so I guess I got 5 more to do.
Haha!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts