HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been out of law enforcement for 8 years but just joined the local county as a reserve. I am pulling out my USP40 from the safe and my duty gear from storage. I am considering adding a Jet Funnel to the pistol, I turned in my LEO mags when I left, and wondered if there are any LEO's that use this for their duty weapon? I would also like some opinions on night sights. My USP40 is date code KF V3.

Thanks

Steven

·
Registered
651 Posts
I carried a USP40F S/S for several years (KH code), until I was forced to carry a department issued Glock about 5 years ago. The 10 year old Meprolight Tru Dots still shine as well as the brand new ones on my Glock 27. I can tell you night sights are probably the most useful $ you can spend on a duty weapon upgrade, and I've been every pleased with my Meprolights.

As for the jet funnel, I am thinking of adding to mine as well, currently I am in the process of adding the matchweight, a Jarvis 6" ported barrel (waiting for it to ship to me), and hopefully a match trigger in the future.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I carried a USP 40 for a few years and had no problems with it. Personally, I think it is best cocked and locked or LEM. I am not a fan of DA/SA pistols-and if I had to carry this way, I might consider a Sig :(. As for the jet funnel, I carried my USP 40 on duty, cocked and locked, with this device for a short time. The funnel added just enough grip surface to ensure I would not have to change my grip durring reloads. Before, I would have to remove the bottom portion of my hand or I would pinch it with the magazine-ouch. My experience with the 16 round mags were that they did not last very long. I began to have a number of malfunctions that went away as soon as I went back to the 13 rounders. I favor the USP 45 these days because the grip is longer and the pinching does not occur. Although I have never fired a USPC or P2000, holding them in my hand it appears the pinching would not be a problem, and I have considered going to one of these pistols. As for Night Sights, I have a green front/orange rear meprolights on my USP 45. They have worked just fine. I have XS sights on my USP 40, and they work good as well. Ebay is a very good place to find sights-and calling around to gunsmiths you can get them installed for about 25$; if your not comfortable doing it yourself. Welcome back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I never noticed the pinching on my 40 since I always had on gloves. I did notice it as I was cleaning and reassembling the USP since it was mentioned.

I dont want any malfunctions so I will look for some 13 rounders instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts