HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask this here folk but the search function didn't shed any light on this for me. I am considering a USP 45 but I would like a comparison of the grip size and feel against the Glock 21. The reason I ask is I have fired the Glock 21 and found the grip to be a hair to large for comfort. Not much, but a bit too large. My XD45 on the other hand is pretty much right on. Now if anyone could tell me how the USP45 compares I would be thrilled.

Sorry for such a newbie question. We don't get a lot of HKs around here.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was worried about the same thing actually. The .45's grip is not as bulky as the G21, but more bulky than the XD. If the 21 was just a little too big, the .45 should fit you fine.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me the G21 is just a little big and blocky. I can shoot it but it is not comfortable. I'll have to find a USP45 to handle somewhere.

Anyone else want to jump in with an observation?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I own both, the G21 has a larger grip than the USP 45, due in part to the poly mags versus the metal mags on the USP, the Glock lends itself to a two-hand firing grip, while single hand shots can be a bit of a challenge unless practiced. Curvature of the grip also plays into how large it feels in the hand, which is why the XD feels so much better in hand than Glock IMO. I used to own an XD 357 who's only grip feeling to me was only matched by that of a SIG "P" series. Former Glock grips like those found on the Gen 2, no finger groove/rail frames felt larger than current Gen 3 models. I guess what would be termed Gen 4, or the new short (not slim) frame would be the smallest to date since they have in essence "Robar'd" the backstrap to trim down the extra unused hollow space. The drawback and what would keep me from buying one is they don't take the other G21 mags due to the new ambi-mag catch. The USP 45 feels good in hand, the only difference one might find between that and other USP models of lower caliber (9 and 40) is the grip is shorter, while the 45's is longer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice pic's of the two different guns:6:

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
These comparison photos always remind me how large and over built the H&K USP slide really is...gotta love it! :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have medium/small hands and the USP .45 feels large but not unmanageable. If concerned about grip, have you had a chance to feel the HK45?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are some comparison pics:
USP 45 stainless vs. Para Ordnance LDA 45-14

My hands are medium/big.

I think I am going after a HK45 next, or a P30L. Still trying to decide.

Bert

·
Registered
114 Posts
These comparison photos always remind me how large and over built the H&K USP slide really is...gotta love it! :)
You might think that its overbuilt......But its the kind of German Quality that I wount live without for MY protection:2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts