HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USP45 with "!!" date code on frame? Tight frame-to-slide fit causing erratic ejection

First, just to warn you, this is a bit of a two part question. I recently bought a USP45 that looks to be in like new condition judging by the almost total lack of wear on the slide, barrel and frame. It has a "KK" date code on the slide. In the area of the frame that would normally have the date code, it has "!!," with the dots pointing toward the front of the gun. The orientation of the date codes on the frames of other USPs I own would indicate that it's "!!," and not "ii." All the serial numbers on the gun match.

I'm just curious if anyone knows what the "!!" would indicate? Is it possibly something HK does when they replace a frame that has been damaged by the customer?

This particular USP appears to be in like new condition and may never have been properly broken in. However, there is an area on the frame, specifically: the top of the polymer to the front-left of the ejector, where the frame rubs the slide with practically no clearance during re-assembly. I speculate that rubbing at this or similar point on the frame slows down the cycling speed during shooting because when I shot it earlier today, I noticed that the brass was ejecting erratically with only this gun - a few cases even landed on my head. I can compare with another USP45 I own, which ejects uniformly, so I don't think it's me limpwristing. Additionally, when I hand cycle the slide, I can sort of hear the rubbing of polymer on metal. I only shot 100 rounds through it so far, so again, if it just hasn't been broken in, then it may need a few hundred more rounds to go. But if it was a replacement frame, I wonder if any fitting should be done to the frame that normal shooting wouldn't take care of?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
not always. The only serial number that matters is the frame - that is the firearm in the eyes of the ATF

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition!
Shoot it often and feed it with good food. No aluminum, steel or reloads.
The FS USP 45 is great.
Don't let some scare you into buying new parts for it. I have never updated my 90's USPs and all run like champs. Of course, there is no reason at all that they wouldn't. They are HKs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts