HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks....Great forum...great info...

I am thinking about a Jarvis barrel for my 45c and wanted to see if any have had experience with them. I know jarvis makes good barrels...my interest centers on the ported one for the 45c. Love the weapon, but muzzle flip has always annoyed me some when working on quick follow up shots....especially after shooting my 45 Tac for a box or two.

Wanting to know if any one has used the ported version in a 45c and if it made an appreciable diff.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had an EFK firedragon ported barrel for my USPc.45. I never felt any difference in perceived recoil between the ported and factory barrels.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I agree. Porting works best on high pressure rounds and the .45 ACP just "ain't" it. Take the money you would spend for an extended (lets only hope you are not going to have the slide ported too) and ported barrel and buy some ammo then practice more and learn to control the recoil. While recoil is subjective I just do not see the USPC .45s recoil to be such that porting is needed even if it did reduce muzzle flip some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts