HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just a wild idea that popped into my head the other day...

I decided that I like the USP Compact 45's frame (grip checkering, ability to mount a Surefire X300 with adapter, single side slide release that doesn't rattle, etc.)

I also decided that I like the HK45c's slide (not as blocky, has forward cocking serrations, longer sight radius, etc.)

So on one of those whims where I had too much free time, I put two and two together, and this was the result:

This Frankenstein combo actually fed live ammo (some Federal HST 230 grain hollowpoints I had just laying around) that I manually cycled. I don't think I'll actually try shooting this combination for fear of doing damage to either frame or slide or both, but so far it actually looks like it would be a viable, albeit "different" set-up. Don't smack me too hard for being a curious, slightly goofy person :440:

·
Registered
628 Posts
It does look nice. You've given me an idea, hopefully my USP and my HK45 don't think too low of me after this.....

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
I like it actually. It should fire, but I am not sure.

The two most important things are....
1: Lockup
2: if the hammer will fall and strike the firing pin correctly.

But the recoil systems are the same, and the dimensions are obviously very very very close. So I don't really doubt that the frankenHK will fire.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Love the way it looks. How about a picture of USPc45 slide on HK45c frame?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure thing, although I only have the USP 45 CT (been trying to find a non-threaded barrel for a while, but no luck). Here is the USP 45 CT slide on the HK45c frame (with slim slide release levers installed):

·
Registered
38 Posts
That HK45c top/USP45c bottom hybrid looks so awesome that I would buy it if it is a factory option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts