HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post; I'm enjoying this site and have learned a lot!

My question concerns the 45Ct. I got a good deal on a 45 Compact a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it, which has given me the urge for the tactical version (V1). My HK catalog from the 2006 SHOT Show shows the tactical having Heinie Straight 8 sights. All the 45Ct's I've seen on dealer shelves have the standard size sights. Are there any pistols out there that actually have Heinies? (I know that there's some with Novaks, but I greatly prefer Heinies.) Or is my only hope to get a threaded barrel from MILSPECPRO, a set of sights from Heinie (they offer models for the Compact Tactical), and put my own together?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
All USP CT's are made with standard sights initily, but if you request it, HK will put the Novak's on for you an NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE... pretty good deal really. Another interesting note is that each time i have purchase a CT with the Novak's installed, it comes in a plastic case, and each time i got one without the night sights, it came with the cloth tactical case...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You will like the Heinies. That was the way the first CTs were set up but then when they hit the civilian market they used the standard sights, then later switched to the Novak taller sights. I made my clone and used the Heinie sights the way the first ones were set up.
Frankly, I like my clone better than the current CT because I like stainless and I like the way the first CTs were set up with the LEM trigger and the Heinie sights (I kept the safety when I converted to LEM).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice one, Big Bore! Looks like I'll have to do a little "cloning" of my own.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Man, that Ct45 with that jet funnel is sweet. Did not know HK made the jet funnel for the Ct45. Do they make it for the full size USP 45, also? So, that extended mag now holds 10 rounds? Got to get me one of those, if I can find one.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
HK does not make a JF for the Compact or one for the full size USP .45. I did a lot of filing and grinding to get it to fit and then a little refinishing with Aluma-Hyde II matte black. Then a little trimming on the HK45C mag base plate and presto, JF on a Compact.
I did a write up on this and it can be read about here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts