HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple pics. Opinions welcome.

The slide is Savage stainless and the frame is Ridgeway blue.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

Technology Airsoft gun Electronic device Gadget Airsoft

P.S. HKPro, don't worry this isn't the USP9 I just bought off of you. I own 2 now :D

·
Super Moderator
6,066 Posts
I am confident you will never lose that gun. Also that's an interesting Color choice, keep it out of training environments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am confident you will never lose that gun. Also that's an interesting Color choice, keep it out of training environments.
I actually got this gun in trade for an AK-74. I wanted the blue to be darker, but this is what I got. It's definitely unique. As for training I have 8 other HKs ;)

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
3,705 Posts
Looks pretty cool IMO, but id agree no training environments for this bad boy lol

I guess it should be made clear that blue in the frame usually represents inert, live rounds can't be fired, sim rounds fired, etc....

Meaning that most of these weapons are pointed at people and the trigger is pulled and both the shooter and the victim/roleplayer doesn't have to worry about being shot because live rounds CANT be fired out of it.

That's what Navyman was referring too.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
except those are ALL blue not 2 tones. Sig makes a blue anodized frame X5 and they used to sell a 551 with a blue upper/lower
Canadian though my friend had one here somehow ;)
sure looks "safety" blue though, WOW!!

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
3,705 Posts
except those are ALL blue not 2 tones. Sig makes a blue anodized frame X5 and they used to sell a 551 with a blue upper/lower
Canadian though my friend had one here somehow ;)
sure looks "safety" blue though, WOW!!
lol don't think I remember ever shooting just an all blue gun before, usally the lower is just blue in my experience.

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
+1 this.

I really like the slide, but that blue not so much.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
3,705 Posts
The blue looks great if it weren't for the stigma I have from having a live firearm with that frame color.

Otherwise I'd really like a USP in that color :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
While Ring's Blueguns are all blue, Simunition guns are not:
I'm aware of that, not saying its a good idea just that there are blue guns out there that shoot real bullets......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I normally train/practice alone and always with live ammo, And whether a gun is real or a training simulator, I was taught even when playing with toy guns never to point them at a person. I might take it to an IDPA match or 2. I am not in the least bit concerned with the color being the same as a training gun, as I never go to any type of training, and I wouldn't bring a USP if I did. I prefer a P30, VP9, or HK45 grip over the USP by far.

·
Super Moderator
6,066 Posts
I normally train/practice alone and always with live ammo, And whether a gun is real or a training simulator, I was taught even when playing with toy guns never to point them at a person. I might take it to an IDPA match or 2. I am not in the least bit concerned with the color being the same as a training gun, as I never go to any type of training, and I wouldn't bring a USP if I did. I prefer a P30, VP9, or HK45 grip over the USP by far.
No stress man, we're just pointing it out. Also Blue guns are for force on force/active shooter training. There is a point saying bang bang goes out the window and you have to get as close to the real deal as possible.

But the work is clean, and if you're happy with her, happy shooting.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
3,705 Posts
No stress man, we're just pointing it out. Also Blue guns are for force on force/active shooter training. There is a point saying bang bang goes out the window and you have to get as close to the real deal as possible.

But the work is clean, and if you're happy with her, happy shooting.
haha took the words right out of my mouth. I was trying to come up with a way of saying that without coming off as a jerk.

As a matter of fact I've had plenty of AK's shot at me down a stairwell, and I mean real deal full auto AK's with blanks. You have to train like that if you expect to survive. I love when the Corps would hire legit roleplayers and take it to the extreme.

·
Super Moderator
6,066 Posts
haha took the words right out of my mouth. I was trying to come up with a way of saying that without coming off as a jerk.

As a matter of fact I've had plenty of AK's shot at me down a stairwell, and I mean real deal full auto AK's with blanks. You have to train like that if you expect to survive. I love when the Corps would hire legit roleplayers and take it to the extreme.
I agree, those role players make the difference.

·
Priest of the P7
5,316 Posts
This is one of those paint jobs that make me scratch my head. Slide looks good. The rest of it doesn't look bad per se but just...why? Blue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just wanted something different. It probably won't get shot much as I mostly shoot my VP9LE, P30LS, P30 V3, and HK45T the most, due to the fact that they have the best feeling grips ever made imo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is one of those paint jobs that make me scratch my head. Slide looks good. The rest of it doesn't look bad per se but just...why? Blue?
Have you ever seen the Walther P-22 with the blue frame and Stainless slide?

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Well I have always wanted one, so I got the USP in trade and to even up the value the guy offered to cerakote it, and this is what I got.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts