HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out my USP9SD for her maiden firing this weekend, and all I can say is WOW. WOW. :eek: This was my first time even firing a handgun, so I wasn't expecting much, but I could not believe how incredibly accurate it was even on the first shot. To make sure I had a basis for comparison, my friends brought a Sig P226 Navy (9mm), a USP Compact (9mm), a snub nosed .38 special, and a Beretta 96 (40 S&W). Here are my results:

1) 38 Special: Even though it was laser sighted, I don't think I even hit the target at 15 yards. That recoil was just too much, and the trigger pull was really heavy.

2) USP Compact: I liked the leaner grip and the white-dot sights, but it was a lot snappier than it's bigger brother, and harder to place quick follow-up shots. At 15 and 25 yards, most of my shots landed in the green of the target, but I wasn't able to place any in the bullseye.

3) Beretta 96: I like the heft of this gun, and the smooth action of the slide, but I was all over the place when it came to placing shots. About half of my shots were outside the green, and I didn't come close to the bullseye. Plus, it had the tendency to eject casings straight up in the air and into my shirt--not fun!

4) Sig P226 Navy: Truly excellent; the only one that could come close to the USP9 SD. The grip is fantastic, and the recoil is very composed; it was very easy to place follow-up shots. I was able to land several in the bullseye. I wouldn't mind owning one of these!

But the Winner? The USP9 SD by a LONGSHOT! My friends agreed that it was an absolute joy to fire, and freakily accurate. Considering my complete inexperience, I was expecting my results to look like those of the Beretta or the 38 Special at best! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I pulled my first target; my groupings were tight and accurate, and they only got better from there! This is truly a testament to H&K; if they can make a neophyte like me look this good, they have earned every bit of their world renown.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very nice review.
Congrat's on your HK. Now you got the bug.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very nice review.
Congrat's on your HK. Now you got the bug.
+1! The HK bug has got you so start saving up for your next one.

Thanks for the good range report.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It sounds like you had a good time, Congrats on your purchase

·
Registered
54 Posts
great to hear you liked it. i plan to get one later this year to add to my hk usp .45 tactical. i did not like the sites on the tactical (same as the the 9sd) so i got a set of adjustable night sights on mine and love it (i can still see over the silencer as i go high rise). now there is a .40 tactical and a .45 tactical you can get next or a hk expert or mk23 and the list goes on. good luck and happy shoting. also is the 226 navy the one with the extended threaded barrel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The SD + Evo 9 = awesomeness
I had the same setup and I can't say enough good things about the SD-9. You screw that AAC Evo9 on there and wow. Great setup!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts