HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked it up today from my locally LGS. My new (old) gun USP9 FS V3, date code KE. Low round count. I put 100 rounds through it today. And I love it. It's my new CCW 馃槃馃槃馃槃 image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Registered
Nice pickup! Looks like it's in mint condition.

I've heard those wraparound grips can cause trouble if they shift up and under the paddle mag release. I don't have personal experience with that but it might be something to think about.

Registered
Congrats on a fine pistol

Registered
Congrats! Is the barrel rifled? I cannot tell because your images and they way they posted are as follows: Two thumbnails then this...

It's my new CCW ������ image.jpegimage.jpegUSP9-image.jpegUSP9-image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Is that your error or the forum?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what is wrong with photos. I posted it from the phone.

Banned
Wow, it looks to have hardly been fired, if ever. I think you were a little lucky to find that one. Very nice indeed! I'm jelly.

Registered
Congrats! Is the barrel rifled? I cannot tell because your images and they way they posted are as follows: Two thumbnails then this...

It's my new CCW 锟斤拷锟斤拷锟斤拷 image.jpegimage.jpegUSP9-image.jpegUSP9-image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Is that your error or the forum?
Introduced to the American shooting public in 1993 at the SHOT Show, the USP debuted in .40 and 9mm.
As production began in 1993, several improvements were made to the USP series as necessary. In September, 1994, the recoil spring was made as part of a captive assembly, rather than loose at one end.
In November, 1994 the barrel was changed from conventional land and groove to polygonal bore profile. This appears to be an early production pistol in excellent condition.

A very nice acquisition!

Registered
In November, 1994 the barrel was changed from conventional land and groove to polygonal bore profile.
This I knew, but it does not tell if the OP's KE USP has rifled or polygonal barrel as it could have been produced prior to Nov.

Registered
I don't know what is wrong with photos. I posted it from the phone.
You might message "Admin" and show them your post URL along with your phone being Android or IPhone and ask them why it happened. If there is a bug, they need to get it fixed. The way it listed them is very annoying and has never been the case prior to their acquisition of this site from what I know of. Looks like there may be a bug for them to fix.
Either way, Congrats on your USP. One day I will trip over one of the earliest of them. For now, my 90's models are all later 90's.

Registered
This I knew, but it does not tell if the OP's KE USP has rifled or polygonal barrel as it could have been produced prior to Nov.
In the third image after "CCW", the close up of the breech shows the lands and grooves so it would be a pre-November '94 pistol in my opinion.

Registered
In the third image after "CCW", the close up of the breech shows the lands and grooves so it would be a pre-November '94 pistol in my opinion.
Thanks. I didn't have the patience to click each combined link. Admin needs to look into why his phone posted the first two images fine and the the site used links following them. I sort of though it would be a rifled HK. I would like to trip over one that is rifled one day at a steal.

Premium Member
Very nice purchase! I also just picked up a USP9 a month ago and love it. Mine came w/ the factory LEM trigger, Meps, and Jet Funnel.

Registered
Thanks. I didn't have the patience to click each combined link. Admin needs to look into why his phone posted the first two images fine and the the site used links following them. I sort of though it would be a rifled HK. I would like to trip over one that is rifled one day at a steal.
You could always pick up a P8 from Marc up at MDWGuns to satisfy the rifled HK urge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts