HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a long-time lurker, I finally broke down and registered so that I could hopefully get some help with my handgun.

Full disclosure: my personality is such that I live by the mantra: "if it ain't broke, take it apart!"

That being said, I've never really been happy with the trigger on my USP, especially when held next to my old Sig 229. In an attempt to make things better, I disassembled my frame - everything but the mag release parts - and used some 1500 sandpaper to smooth out all contact surfaces.

Rather than giving me the expected buttery-smooth trigger that I wanted so dearly, now my trigger has trouble resetting back to DA after a dry-fire. There's either more friction in the system now, or I didn't get the trigger spring seated correctly. I suspect the latter. To anyone who has worked with this platform before, I would appreciate any wisdom.

Here's some pictures of how it's seated now:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
And that my friend is why we dont go tinkering with things that arent broken... Looks to me like you put your spring in backwards. The spring tip should be against the trigger rather than the frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judging from the grooves in the trigger and the frame, I'd agree with that assessment.

Except.

If I flip the spring around (along the vertical axis), the ends still lie the same way. The only way to maintain spring position but turn the ends around would be to compress the spring another half-twist, but it's too stiff for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

Following a close inspection of a picture I found online, I figured out how it's supposed to go (one end in the frame, one end on the trigger).

Thanks for everybody's help (and solidarity)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts