HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a second-hand 2004 USP9 Compact with standard DA/SA. The gun was dirty, but once cleaned up, appears to have hardly been used and is in pristine shape (I don't think the previous owner ever cleaned it).

I really like the gun except for one thing ... the trigger action is not very good. I have taken the unit completely apart several times, and have cleaned and lubed everything carefully, but the trigger is still far from smooth.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same complaint and if there are any reasonable solutions to the problem.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Since it has been hardly shot, it is pretty normal for the trigger to not be very smooth. Both the smoothness and pull-weight will improve with round-count. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have put over 1,000 rounds through it in the last month. I tear it down completely after each session so I can keep an eye on wear patterns, etc. My guess is that the problem lies in the trigger bar and on the cam of the hammer itself ... the surfaces look pretty crude. Should I take a buffer wheel to those surfaces? I haven't yet found a local armorer that will touch it.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yes, you can polish all the contact points. It will make it smoother sooner. The risk is that you may void your lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
burk,

There is a guy in the Houston are that can do a trigger job on the USPc's. His name is Teddy Jacobson. You can reach him at www.actionsbyt.com

The trigger on the USPc is my only complaint. Truth be told, it stinks. A trigger job by Teddy will make it pretty good.

CMOS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts