HKPRO Forums banner

usp9f jamming alot

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  orfeo 
#1 ·
hey guys first time poster but long time reader. I recently bought a usp9f for a local gun shop used. It looks almost brand new except for the barrel which has some warn marks. Its date code is KD which is 1993. It shoots awesome but jams all the time. I mean almost every clip. I get stove pipes and I also get that the round will never eject out of the barrel and the next round will get stuck right behind it.

What i have replaced so far.
1. 2 new wolff springs for the 15rd clips.
2. 2 brand new hk mags.
3. New wolff recoil spring
4. Tried many types of ammo wwb, rem, cci, speer, pmc. They all fail.
5. I cant even count how many times I have cleaned this thing. I have even soaked the slide.

Only thing I can think of is a new extractor spring. The extractor itself looks to be just fine. I did press on the extractor and sprayed powered blast down it to try and clean the areas behind it. The next time I took it out I had 1 jam in about 200rds.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Mike.

See less See more
#4 ·
My USP only jammed when I used the 10rd mag. The USP is a remarkably reliable pistol. Yours is one tale of many. Most of the time, the USP is awesome. Call HK customer service.

#5 · (Edited)
Replacing the recoil spring was a good idea, but you should probably replace the hammer and extractor springs as well since they too are just as important for reliable feeding and extraction. 1 malfuntion in 200 rounds w/o cleaning depending on what type of ammo you were using is fairly decent. You may have fixed the problem and that one malfunction was just do to fouling-regardless I would replace those other springs I mentioned. Good Luck.

#8 ·
Extractor

From your description, it certainly sounds most like an extractor problem. . .

I would probably replace the extractor, the extractor spring, and the roll pin. In the meantime, while waiting for the parts, I would remove the existing extractor and clean it up really well, especially on the inside edge of the "tooth". Then I would carefully lubricate it and reassemble. :)

Someone on here had a similar problem, and fixed it by filing the inside edge of the "tooth" of the extractor, which would extend it's reach a bit. . .

Definitely follow-up this post and let us know what the solution turns out to be! Good luck with it, and hang in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.