HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new production USP9T a couple weekends ago from LGS. I ordered the suppressor piston (Obsidian9) with the correct thread pitch as soon as I got home. It took a few days to receive it. Finally shot it last weekend. Man the POI was high by about 5 inches at 7 yards. Very surprised!. 9 out of 10 pistols I have bought were pretty much dead on at that distance, give or take 1/2". I don't recall anything that was off by that much. When I mounted the suppressor, the front sight was actually blocked completely. Gun came with suppressor height night sights. I didn't have any tool with me that day to adjust the rear sight, so only shot a couple mags. The highlight was that the gun suppressed quite well, unlike some of the reports I have read. Went to the range again today and brought along a screwdriver. I almost bottomed out on the elevation adjustment to be able to dial in POI, also the sights now clear the suppressor. Albeit barely. Overall very happy with the purchase. Just surprised by how much the sights were off out of the box. Do they still test fire these? With sights installed?

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Machine gun

·
Registered
159 Posts
No info but I have an obsidian and was considering a usp tac 9. Will be following for answers

·
Registered
24 Posts
My .45 T was way off as well, few turns and it's on. I'm guessing they either don't adjust upon test firing and/or simply run the screw in just enough to attach. It would've been high, even on a B8 with 6 o'clock hold.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I had a similar issue when I first went to a USP because my hand was used the grip angle of a Glock. It took a little while before I got used to the grip angle and then it was fine. Love that MP5... is that Concrete Cerakote?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the color was called gun metal gray. Yes Cerakote. A local gun store/manufacturer was having an engraver onsite as a special event. I went and had him do a couple of SBR's that had just cleared. The store was offering a Cerakote deal. I think they quoted me $75 for the MP5. I figured why not for the Pakistani beater. Pretty happy how it came out. The original finish was very crappy. Only thing was that I asked them to not touch the front sight assembly, but they coated it too accidentally. Not a big deal and I just let it go.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Mine were off too. (See update below). I replaced the black on black with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight and that improved the sight picture. I can see over my 1.375 diameter Griffin Revolution no problem. I have suppressed a bunch of pistols, and I think the USP9 and VP9 Tactical are some of the best choices. Less point of aim change, less spit-back, less loosening with the left hand threads.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I bought a new production USP9T a couple weekends ago from LGS. ...Went to the range again today and brought along a screwdriver. I almost bottomed out on the elevation adjustment to be able to dial in POI, also the sights now clear the suppressor. Albeit barely. ...
I'd give HK customer service a call, and get their take. The elevation adjustment bottoming out to get POA=POI with a suppressor installed doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd give HK customer service a call, and get their take. The elevation adjustment bottoming out to get POA=POI with a suppressor installed doesn't sound right.
Thanks for the input. I just called HK CS. Tech gave me some instructions on how to align the sights. If I understood correctly, he said if my POA is the top of the front sight on a target, the tritium dot should be where POI is. No explanation why it was off so much. My concern is that if I need to adjust the POI down more when I shoot at 30 yards or more at some point, I wouldn't be able to. He offered to open a ticket and let me return it for inspection. I would have to pay for shipping to them. Tech also suggested to try 124/115 grainers. I was only shooting 147's.It doesn't sound like there is a spec for the adjustment range of the sights. I will try 25 yards at the range, that is the longest pistol distance at the place. If it's way high then I may have to send it back. The tech is not a fan of suppressor height sights. He said he trained himself to aim through the suppressor with normal height sights. I have done that too, but don't like the sight picture.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
My USP9 Tactical came with a solid black front sight, and the black on black on black with the silencer was not good. Do yours have a tritium dot front?

Reviewing my notes, I don't see any comments about the sights being off, so I may be confusing it with a different gun. Measuring the sights, the factory sight is .360" tall (above the slide) and the Dawson is .350", so it should have been shooting low with the factory sight - not the same problem as the OP. Sorry, now I'm confused!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My USP9 Tactical came with a solid black front sight, and the black on black on black with the silencer was not good. Do yours have a tritium dot front? VP9T does...
It's available in 3 configurations with minor differences (3 different stock #'s). Mine came with 3 15rd mags and suppressor height night sights. I think they are Trijicon's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts