HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but was unable to find this subject here. Are there any companies making conversion barrels from 40 to 9? If so, is a different recoil spring needed? I presently have 5 HK's. Among them are a USPc stainless in 45 and 9. I have found a 40 USPc stainless but am not crazy about the 40 cartridge. That being said, I have over 2000 rounds of 40.

My first 40 was a full sized USP several years ago. I did not like the cartridge then. I carried a M&P 40 for about 3 years until we changed to the FN 509 in 9 mm. About a year ago I purchased a CHP turn in 4006. It totally changed my view of the 40 cartridge. It was very ccomfortable to shoot. Unfortunately it was just too heavy for me.

Anyonee with experience woth this conversion?

·
Some gun guy
282 Posts
Get the USP40c stainless if it's south of $500. If nothing else it'll finish your trio.

The recoil spring assemblies are the same between the 9's and 40's. I imagine NATO-spec 9mm (124gr) and above should cycle a .40 slide fine. EFK Firedragon has USP40c 9mm conversion barrels listed. Out of stock at the moment.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have both the USP full size and compact in 40SW,
For each one, I have an EFK Firedragon 9mm conversion barrel.
Other than switching out the barrel, and using 9mm magazines, nothing else needs to be done.
Mine have been super reliable .

·
Registered
"The Fraternal Twins"
359 Posts
There will be others come along that have bought a 9mm upper & put it on a USPc40 using all factory parts to make it 100% using a 9mm USPc9 magazine but 9mm will work in a 40s magazine for range use.
There are 9mm conversion barrels available, haven't looked in quite a while now for one..
Myself if I want to shoot 9mm I just shoot my 9mm S&W M&P
And the 40 can take a 357 SIG barrel as well with no change other than the barrel..

Here's my Pair of USPc40s BTW
I Paid $600ea for these JFYI

·
Registered
571 Posts
I hope EFK does another run. I have reached out to them on several occasions, through a few different channels, and each time they told me to email them and place myself on a wait list. I've emailed twice and not received a response.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have several mags for my HK9's. VP9, P2000 LEM, and USPc 9. I just love the stainless HK's. The 40c I am considering is in excellent condition with 1 mag and the box. Originally $ 795, reduced to $ 695 and I can buy it for $ 600 + tax. While stainless HK's are not super rare where I am, they command a premium.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did have a P 2000 SK 357 years ago. I was surprised at how much softer it felt than 40. If I buy the 40, a 357 barrel is definitrly in my future.

·
Registered
"The Fraternal Twins"
359 Posts
This darn ammo situation almost makes me want to sell all my guns & carry a baseball bat & knife...
A Louisville Slugger made right up the street..
I have an ammo stash BUT WTH??
Won't pay $1.50 for ball ammo.. CRAZY!

As I stated up above I paid $600ea for both those USPc40s Both "As New" The stainless had only one 10 round magazine & no box etc. Where as the Black one came with everything it would have shipped with from the factory except the magazine loader which I picked one up from a forum member for FREE.. Thankz Ender

NOTE: In this picture the colored Hk is reversed & the Parts one is correct..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts