HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new in the box USPc 40 with stainless slide at the dealer. Date code KK. He doesn't sell HK's much and so he's sat on this one for years and I was able to snag it. If I'm not mistaken, stainless compacts aren't produced anymore, correct?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice pick up. What did you pay for it? Stainless steel USP's are not imported anymore into the US by HK. They are still being made in Germany.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paid just over $800. I thought it was steep, but he wouldn't budge. I'm happy with the purchase though, and since it's brand new and not imported anymore, I got exactly what I wanted so it worked out for both of us.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great gun.

I bought my USPc .40 SS in august of 2006 paid 750.I love mine I've put around 2000 rds with no hicups.Best gun I've ever owned or shot,she loves to eat so feed her often.Great gun you will love it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The compact 40 is one the best they make in my opinion, it was my first and still my favorite. I bought mine in 2004 in all black, and sent it to Tripp's and had the slide finished in hard chrome. Recently I bought an extra slide release and had them hard chrome that and the magazines to match. Hard chrome is a durable and rugged finish. In over a year of carry the weapon shows no blemish.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a few HK rifles, but this is my first HK handgun. I've talked about getting one for a long time, but when I shot my dad's compact in 357 sig for the first time over the Christmas holiday, I had to throw down for a compact of my own. It'll be going out for a test run this weekend and I know I'll love it. Heck, I alredy do.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Punisher, since you picked up the USPc 40 SS, you should either check Midway or contact HK about getting a Compact .357 barrel. Straight drop into your gun with no mods, you can even use the same mags. It'll be like having two guns in one package!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Punisher, since you picked up the USPc 40 SS, you should either check Midway or contact HK about getting a Compact .357 barrel. Straight drop into your gun with no mods, you can even use the same mags. It'll be like having two guns in one package!
Ironchef,
I was thinking the same thing! I'll check Midway. Do you think HK themselves could provide a factory one? Does that matter that serial numbers wouldn't match the lower?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ironchef,
I was thinking the same thing! I'll check Midway. Do you think HK themselves could provide a factory one? Does that matter that serial numbers wouldn't match the lower?
From either Midway or HK, the barrel is going to be factory, not aftermarket. These spare barrels are not serial numbered from the factory, just date coded. I believe the serial number on the barrel is a requirement of the German government for firearms. In the US, the BATF considers the lower of the USPc pistol to be the actual firearm which needs to serialized, not the upper and its components.

An alternative is to contact Jarvis, who makes aftermarket barrels for HKs. His barrels are conventional rifling versus HK's polygonal. This will allow you to shoot lead bullets with no problems. The experience with Jarvis among HKPro members has been very positive, you just have to be patient.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the great info. I'll just get the factory one from Midway and be done with it. I passed on the info to my dad and I think he is interested in getting the .40c barrel from them now for his .357 sig.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the stainless guns that H&K made, I just bought my second ss 45 cal. and i think I am going to get matching sets in the 40 cal and 9mm if I can find them. Awesome guns..

·
Registered
19 Posts
The compact 40 is my favorite and I took the other route and bought the 357 sig too. I keep saying this, but I just want the compact 40 in stainless next and then I'll stop buying.......

DNP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts