HKPRO Forums banner

USPc .40 VS Glock23

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BigBoss0311 
#1 ·
anyone own both? How does the recoil compare?

#5 · (Edited)
USPc is a better all around gun IMO. The 23 was an issued gun, the USPc, was my personal. The frame of the Glock feels more plasticy and feels lighter so the recoil is snappier to me than with the HK. I had a V1 so I always carried cocked and locked. The lighter SA pull was much nicer to me than the heavier glock trigger. The trigger on the Glock was farther away as well, so I would sometimes only get the tip of my finger on the trigger and then have to readjust my trigger finger. The Glock had the advantage with no external safety to deal with so I did have better first shot times than with the USPc. But my follow-up shots were always better with the USP than the Glock. Mag changes were always better with the USP. I don't care what anyone says, you will never convince me that Glock mags are "drop-free". Bullcrap. The mags were always sticking in the mag well. The USP mags did drop free because of the weighted bottom and large mag well. My hands sweat profusely so both grips weren't the best. Putting a Hogue grip on both made both grips feel better. Trimming of the hogue was required for both, the USP had a better feel to it, the slim Glock grip made the hogue slide a bit under long strings of fire due to me adjusting my grip for mag changes. Oh, back to mag changes. Whoever designed that tiny little hard to push mag release button needs to be kicked in the junk. That thing is terrible. In fact, that is my main complaint with glock. Their mag release and magazines are terrible. Other than that, not a bad gun. Get the USP compact and never look back. Oh, and my final complaint about Glock, WHO THE HELL WANTS TO PULL THE TRIGGER TO DISASSEMBLE THE WEAPON?!?!

#6 ·
Having shot both a good deal I would say, in terms of felt recoil, they are about equal. The buffer in the USPc works well in cushioning some of the felt recoil, while the Glock can be gripped a little higher (ie sits lower in your hand) which reduces muzzle flip.

... my final complaint about Glock, WHO THE HELL WANTS TO PULL THE TRIGGER TO DISASSEMBLE THE WEAPON?!?!
A non-issue if you follow proper safety procedures. There is not a firearm that exists on this planet that you do not check the chamber on and clear of all live ammunition before disassembling. To proceed with disassembling a firearm that you have not completely confirmed as being empty is negligence on the part of the operator.

#7 · (Edited)
I actually sold my G23 to purchase a USP .40... I did feel that the recoil was a bit "snappier" with the G23, but not unmanageable. I liked the USP because I could use it with gloves, the controls were easier to operate, and it had a hammer. Also, I found it quicker to acquire the sights with the USP. Never looked back since... Not to mention, I HATED the slide release on the Glock. I installed the extended one, which made it a little better, but still wouldn't avert my attention from the USP.

#9 ·
Have owned both and a Sig 229 .40. Sold the Glock 23 and Sig. I own many Glocks and like them but the .40 in the 23 frame was a little light for the round in my opinion. I carry a Glock 19 for work and I really like this combination. The Sig 229 I owned shot great in the .40 due to the weight of the pistol but was too damn heavy to carry concealed so I sold it. The USPc in .40 is light, has great recoil and shoots great.

#10 ·
I agree, if you follow proper procedure it is a non-issue. But not everyone follows proper procedure. How many times have we all heard about the guy who cleared his weapon and the mag was still in the mag well or he dropped the mag cleared it, then re-inserted the mag and pulled the trigger thinking the chamber was empty. It should be a non-issue but it's not. Not everyone takes the time and ensures they follow procedure. People get careless and make mistakes. It is a terrible design feature IMO to have to pull the trigger to disassemble a weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.