HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me USPc 45 with factory LEM. The sights seem to be a bit small to me. Just for clarification, My regular shooter before this was a Sig 220ST that has a plain black rear Warren Tactical sight, with the standard white dot front sight that has been colored a very bright green.
Should I just try to color the front sight green on the HK and see how that goes, or do some of you have other recommendations based on similar experiences?
Thank You,
John

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Take it into where you bought it, if from a dealer, and get some metpro or trijion, night sights installed. I promise you will love thoes you will wonder why you didn't put them on that sig.

BTW welcome to the fourm!! You will find it to be very useful!! make yourself at home, and do not be affraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions, (except for mine) just a strong desire to learn as much as you can about one of the finest weapons in the world!!!

Congrats to the new HK!!

Happy & Safe Shooting!! Also remember next time you go out shooting, take a friend along and fimmularise them to the wonderful sport of shooting!!! TJ

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I just picked up a new set of mepro night sights for my new to me USPC45 for $50 on GB. Nose around there I find some decent deals from time to time.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My son and I have been using the MMC adjustable night sights on our USPC .45s for about 5 years now and could not be happier with them. They are as bullet proof and snag proof as any fixed sight yet offer full adjustability for both W&E and many options for night sight color and configuration. They do need to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing though. They come oversized and need the sight's dovetail filed to fit the slide's dovetail. That way you can make them as tight or loose as you want but they also have set screws to hold them in place so there is no reason to make them excessively tight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the replies and the link to MMC. I did look at a P2000 40 with meprolights on it and thought they looked better than the stock '3 dots'.
John

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
+1 for MMC - they are the best out there I think!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Most of my replacement sights have been Meprolight, I think I am at six sets and counting, most in the yellow/green set up. They're tough, bright and offer a great sight picture if basic shooting and defense are the order of the day. Competition use, maybe there are better sights available, in an adjustable form or plain black and serrated to cut glare (See Heinie's). In ranking order of how I would choose my aftermarket sights:

1) Meprolight
2) Meprolight
3) Meprolight
4) Heinie Straight Eight
5) Meprolight
6) Novaks
7) Meprolight
8) Enterprise Arms Ghost Ring

·
Registered
616 Posts
I really like the meprolights I just got that were yellow rear/green front. That green front sight is the first thing I see no matter if its lining up the sights or a flash sight picture and its much easier to differentiate front from rear for me. I also have green/green meps and they are nice as well, but I really like a different front vs rear sight now that I have tried one.

I guess it really depends on what you are looking for, the meps are great for combat shooting, but they wont give you a super tight sight picture like some other sights out there...but why put target type sights on a combat pistol, unless of course you plan on using it solely for target shooting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just shot a on through my 45 USPcT - which, coincidentally I thought came from the factory with a bum sight alignment. Alas, after some (very politically correctly phrased) wording from the forum that my use of the H&K $uck$ :) I took it to heart.

Two bits of fresh notice - 1) the sights from the factory have optical slop - they can swing slightly one way and the other by about 1/2-1 mm. Vertically, they are also hard to nail dead on. 2) the compact sights are not adjustable - swapping to something that is will be great!

The gun - as expected and told by forum - rocks. Was all me - and I recognized that I was anticipating and that the sights can swing slightly in each direction because of the wide rear gap.

I am thinking MMCs as well, before I do - I would love to try some of those triangular sights... anyone have any experience there?

P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts