HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this one back, the photos dont do it justice, they have more than exceeded my expectations!!!!!

Everything is brushed chrome, except the serrations which were done in matte, the rounds are all brushed as well. My wife even thinks its pretty, she is right, I'll almost feel guilty carrying it...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very nice. I just got my HK P2000 and P2000sk back from CCR. Your .45 looks great.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I sure would like to know what the cost was to do this work?
I almost feel guilty for paying so little...not including shipping it was approximately $240.00 which included the hard chroming, all of the engraving, the extra HK logo on the other side of the slide, replacement of the stock night sights with tru glow yellow/green, etc.

·
Registered
200 Posts
"If you want peace, prepare for War."
To me, it looks pimpy and cheapened the weapon.
I wouldn't buy it if it were offered for sale.
JMHO...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"If you want peace, prepare for War."
To me, it looks pimpy and cheapened the weapon.
I wouldn't buy it if it were offered for sale.
JMHO...
You wont need to worry about that, this one will be passed down. My wife already commanded me that this one was never to be sold, not that I needed her influence to make that decision.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Personally, I think it looks great! Sure, it's not a factory looking gun but it was done with taste. And at a minimum, the craftsmanship of the work in incredible!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sure do like stainless/ two tone guns. The only pistols I have right now that isn't stainless or two-tone is a Para P13 which I may eventually send in to get hard chromed, or maybe just a new black finish.

I will be refinishing my titanium coated Walther P99; will probably go with CCR for a cera-hide finish or make a trip to Tech Plate.

My two USPs have stainless slides, USPf in .45acp and a USPc in .40s&w.

I personally don't like the engraving or the barrel being hard chromed but as long as you enjoy, that's what matters.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice very sweet, did they have 2 apply some kind of treatment 2 close the pores of the chrome? Thats a keepr

·
Registered
134 Posts
I almost feel guilty for paying so little...not including shipping it was approximately $240.00 which included the hard chroming, all of the engraving, the extra HK logo on the other side of the slide, replacement of the stock night sights with tru glow yellow/green, etc.
===
That was a great deal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the refinish looks good, not so sure of the engraving but to each his own, though I do like the Hk logo.. as long as you are satisfied with the work performed thats all that matters...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts