HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I am a newb here and recent HK owner and I am stilltrying to decide what I want out of this pistol and learning its characteristics.

I searched but did not see an answer to my question, but I may have not read enough or glazed over from all of the post, to which I am adding more.

To convert from a V1 to LEM without safety I need to switch the detent plate? I have not ordered the kit yet but do not recall seeing it listed so I assumed you can just remove the safety and replace with I am assuming the new hammer axle and you are good to go but just want clarification.

Also is the reset on the LEM setup longer, shorter, or about the same as the V1?

Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
The LEM conversion is a bit more complicated than that. I think you may be thinking about just converting the safety/decocker to safe only or decock only. The LEM conversion kit includes a few more parts (but doesn't require a detent plate if you are removing the safety/decocker lever). For example, here's a kit from HKParts.net.

Another member did an excellent video of the conversion process here. Although he is converting an HK45c, the principles are the same.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
To convert from a V1 to LEM (no safety), you'll need to get the LEM kit. You will remove the following parts from your V1 since you won't be needing them for LEM with no safety:

1. Detent plate
2. Slide plate
3. Slide plate compression spring
4. Safety lever
5. Sear
6. Hammer axle
7. Hammer

You will re-use the following parts from your V1:
1. Disconnector
2. Catch
3. Control latch

If you want Light LEM, keep the original Trigger Rebound Spring (TRS) and Hammer Spring. If you want heavy LEM (standard), use the TRS and hammer spring that come with the LEM kit. The long hammer spring is for your USPc. Do not use the shorter one, as it's for the HK45c.

Also, make sure you have the 2-piece catch. If not, you have to upgrade to 2-piece catch to use LEM.

Clear as mud? :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I guess I should have been more clear in that I realize it is more involved parts wish I was just wanting to make sure that if I decide to go that way that you could go from V1 to LEM without the safety with what I had and the LEM Kit.

As for the catch thanks for the heads up, I had read that somewhere else here and am GTG.

Any comments on the Reset of the LEM vs the V1 Reset?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Look up the "LEM Installation" video on YouTube. It walks you right through it, step by step, and really helps you prepare. I've watched it multiple times, and am much more confident now, than I was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts