HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Long time lurker. First time poster. I've googled and searched here a lot with no luck.

I'm considering having my late model USP Compact 9mm pull double-duty as a sport pistol 'till I buy a proper one. I messed up and shot an Expert today...worst thing I could do :D Can't stop thinking about it. Anyway...I got what I got right now.

1st:
I've read a lot but I can't seen to find (or see) any info about installing the adjustable sights from the USP Tactical / Expert on a Compact frame. Eyeballing it, they seem to be comparable, but I'm not sure.

2nd:
I'd like to add some weight to the front end of the gun, either extending the end of the barrel (like the Match) or underneath via some appended weights. These wouldn't be ideal for carrying, but if I could bolt them on when using it as a sport pistol, that wouldn't be a problem. I'd like the weight to be substantial. I've seen the aluminum(?) ones on gunbroker but I haven't seen any reviews.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
What sport are you going to be shooting? Idpa, uspsa, bullseye? Knowing might help people answer. Welcome, and yeah, experts are trouble!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I believe installing FS adjustable sights can be done but requires modification to the sight base or slide.

There are no weights for the Compacts. The faux Match weights on GB are lightweight aluminum so they wouldn't really do what you want. You'd also need a non-standard custom barrel length to use the weight without damaging anything.

I would at least install a match trigger kit, which is pretty easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe installing FS adjustable sights can be done but requires modification to the sight base or slide.

There are no weights for the Compacts. The faux Match weights on GB are lightweight aluminum so they wouldn't really do what you want. You'd also need a non-standard custom barrel length to use the weight without damaging anything.

I would at least install a match trigger kit, which is pretty easy.
Thanks.

Yeah, the Match trigger kit is on my list. BTW, what does "FS" stand for?

Also, I assume that I could use this pistol in the IDPA Compact Carry (CCP) division? Section 8.2.4 here: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf

(Saving up for my USP Expert 9...hahaha)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Thanks.

Yeah, the Match trigger kit is on my list. BTW, what does "FS" stand for?

Also, I assume that I could use this pistol in the IDPA Compact Carry (CCP) division? Section 8.2.4 here: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf

(Saving up for my USP Expert 9...hahaha)
Welcome to HK. FS is the full size USP. It is possible to make a good match gun from a full size, but I have not seen one in a compact. You cannot get a proper weight on the compact front rail. You may want to sell your compact, get a full sized USP, then add your trigger, weight,etc... Check my previous post where I took a SS compact and added a barrel, mag, sights, etc. to make it a "stainless compact tactical". Or, buy the Expert and keep both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to HK. FS is the full size USP. It is possible to make a good match gun from a full size, but I have not seen one in a compact. You cannot get a proper weight on the compact front rail. You may want to sell your compact, get a full sized USP, then add your trigger, weight,etc... Check my previous post where I took a compact and added a barrel, mag, sights, etc. to make it a " tactical". Or, buy the Expert and keep both.
Thanks!

Link please?

I like the Compact as a carry pistol. So, I don't think I will sell it. I regretted selling my USP Compact .40 15 years ago...not gonna do that again :redface:

[looks around the house for stuff to sell to buy another pistol...]

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Thanks!

Link please?

I like the Compact as a carry pistol. So, I don't think I will sell it. I regretted selling my USP Compact .40 15 years ago...not gonna do that again :redface:

[looks around the house for stuff to sell to buy another pistol...]
To check my or any members previous posts, click on their icon. You can then also send private messages, or PM. Check your box, i'm sending one. You should see a red 1 under "notifications".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts