HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are plenty of reports on HKPro about the USPc 9 and also the USPc 40. Here is another report with a slight variation. I own a "KI" dated USPc 9 in stainless finished. Recently picked up an entire USPc 40 upper from fellow HKPro member MaverickH1 (hey buddy, this is for you!). The assembly was "KI" dated as well, which is a nice bonus. :D

As most HK'ers know, the USPc 9 and USPc 40 share the same lower frame, same goes for the full size models as well. Only the USP 45's have different frames. So, I got some mags for the USPc 40 in yesterday from another HKPro member Softmentor (thanks!) and off to the range I went today. I've had the USPc 9 for about a month now and it runs really good. I'm still a beginner as far as shooting is concerned. I still tend to drift left and my groupings are anything but, LOL. The USPc 40 upper performed flawlessly on the USPc 9's frame and it was really nice to shoot. Definitely going to have fun with this, it's like taking two guns to the range, all in one nice neat package.

As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong, true conversion kits are only available in Europe. HK USA won't sell a slide unless something drastic happened. Of course barrels are readily available. I might try to track down a .357 SIG barrel and I'll have something new to add to the mix. Enjoy the pics and que music! (targets were about 25 feet out)

Anything you can do...

I can do better!

I can do anything...

Better than you!

No you can't!

Yes I can!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
hahahaha that's classic. I was singing in my head. Hopefully I can get that song out my head just as quickly as it started...

My USPf upper came in a couple days ago, and I've been cleaning it up and inspecting the parts.

I'll post some pictures of my stainless/he combo when I get some good ones done.

All in all, I'm glad it worked out for you. I've got to buy a couple parts to make mine a complete swap, and I may throw it up for trade for a 9mm USP upper just to see if there are any takers.

And congratulations on getting "two" guns for the price of one huge government mandated waiting period.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best part is the 9mm slide is stainless finish and the .40 S&W slide is in HE finish. It keeps me mentally from confusing or mixing up ammo. Can't wait to hit the range again on Saturday!

·
Registered
221 Posts
i called up HK parts in al. jeff will sell you the complete upper slide assy down the extractor, firing pin, recoil spring and barrel. but it's expensive. i looked into doing this for my situation up here. i gave up and bought the same thing you did a uspc40ss and a uspc9mm. and lots and lots of mags....

and rounds for the mags.
and then more mags for the rounds.
and then more rounds for the mags.

well, you get the picture....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dmg, great to hear from you! Haven't seen you on here for a long while. As you can see, I'm really enjoying this HK thing.,,hehehe :D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i called up HK parts in al. jeff will sell you the complete upper slide assy down the extractor, firing pin, recoil spring and barrel. but it's expensive. i looked into doing this for my situation up here. i gave up and bought the same thing you did a uspc40ss and a uspc9mm. and lots and lots of mags....

and rounds for the mags.
and then more mags for the rounds.
and then more rounds for the mags.

well, you get the picture....
Can you throw out a general number as to how much he wanted for the complete slide assembly including the recoil assembly? I'd imagine it would be around $450 or so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since you just changed the upper half does NYC consider it another Firearm?
That is an interesting thought for my USP and USPc...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Since you just changed the upper half does NYC consider it another Firearm?
That is an interesting thought for my USP and USPc...
That is actually a good question. I've been told by some shops yes and no. One shop said the NYPD considers the lower as the weapon, not the upper. Another shop said I would need to have it registered. Nobody at NYPD Licensing could give me a straight answer.

One does not need an FFL transfer to purchase a slide or barrel in NYC. Unfortunately it is all grey area. To "protect" myself from any hassle, I travel to and from the range with the USPc 9 intacted as it is registered on my pistol license. I only use the .40 S&W slide at the range and put back the USPc 9 together before I leave.

If I get a clear answer that I am not allowed to have it, then I will sell it because it would not be worth the troubles.

·
Registered
221 Posts
it's my understanding that the atf considers the lower frame as the firearm. i believe the NYPD will be hard pressed to make a case otherwise, but 1. i'm no lawyer 2. it seems NYC can get away with anything

thanks ricky, life has been one crisis after another since the shoot in Middletown. I have EOY coming up. Big board meeting tonight. Been some long days...and nights....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very nice Chef! Nothing like having two guns in one. You need to get yourself a .357sig barrel now and start having some real fun as it is a blast to shoot!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Looks like lots of fun! Great economical way to get multi-calibers from one pistol! Great report too btw IronChef

1 - 11 of 11 Posts