HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In 45 ACP, I've shot mostly 1911s - fullsize ones. I have put a few rounds thru a fullsize Glock 45 ACP once, and the recoilw as less than I expected.

How does the USPc 45 ACP recoil compare to a 1911?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had a USPc 45 for 7 years. I have shot over 16K rounds through it without a single problem. I have even shot a few thousand rounds of Wolff ammo and not had a single problem. I think that gun would shoot marbles if you could get them to load. I also have a USP Tac 45 that I got last year. I replaced the USPc with it for my duty weapon in Jan of this year, just to get the higher mag capacity. As far as grouping, slow fire is a little better with the Tac over the compact. But with combat courses and double taps, hands down it is the fastest follow up pistol that I own, better even than my P7M8. The recoil with the compact is not that bad at all. I think that the USPc 9mm. with +P+ loads are harder to control than a +P out of the USPc 45. My SO issues Winchester Ranger 230 +P for duty, and they are great out of the compact. I have had a lot of pistols over the years, ( Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, etc.) and by far the compact is the best perfomer and the most trusted weapon that I have ever owned. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
616 Posts
That is kinda what I though...

I guess I'll probablyw ait for the Hk45 to come out...
Its really not fair to compare the USPc to the HK45 since the sizes are so different. If you want a full size pistol I would go with the HK45 since I think you stated you already have a USPf. If you want a compact pistol you might want to compare the USPc to the HK45c. The HK45c will be larger and possibly less concealable due to height, but its certainly much closer to the dimension of the USPc than the HK45 is.

Another note, the recoil system of the HK45 and HK45c looks about the same as the USPc, so if you want to choose the HK45, make sure you are choosing it for all the right reasons, and not just because it is new.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Acyually, I have been wanting the HK45 for a long time. I wanted a fullsize 45, and I really like what I have herad about the HK45.

However, I came across a USPc 45 CT at the GanderMountain in my town - I'd never buy there, as it is too expensive. But, I like the looks of the threaded, extended barrel, and I was just trying to covince myself whether I wanted the USPc CT or the HK45.

I don't plan to carry either - it will just be a range toy. I'm thinking that the HK45 will be more comfortable at the range.

The USPc CT is just a bit unique, and may not be available forever. It was just a consideration...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Acyually, I have been wanting the HK45 for a long time. I wanted a fullsize 45, and I really like what I have herad about the HK45.

However, I came across a USPc 45 CT at the GanderMountain in my town - I'd never buy there, as it is too expensive. But, I like the looks of the threaded, extended barrel, and I was just trying to covince myself whether I wanted the USPc CT or the HK45.

I don't plan to carry either - it will just be a range toy. I'm thinking that the HK45 will be more comfortable at the range.

The USPc CT is just a bit unique, and may not be available forever. It was just a consideration...
sounds like you should wait to see if a HK45-T comes out, and I bet it will.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
With it getting so many write ups in the different mags now I am hoping that it will be out real soon. Sort of like they did with the P30!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a USPc in 9mm. The sight radius and barrel is a tiny, tiny bit longer on the 45 ACP USPc.

Anyone who has both a 9mm and 45 ACP USP COMPACT - is the 45 any easier to shoot - even a little?
wouldnt a slightly longer barrel be irrelevant because the .45 is a larger projectile?

by proportion it shouldnt matter im thinking?..... you guys getting what i mean right? lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts