HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the differences in size dimensions, are there any characteristics that make one preferrable to the other?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have both and love both the usp compact is rated for + p ammo ,The p2000sk is not Per HK factory manuals. They both conceal well with the right holsters YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH EITHER!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I believe the SK comes in V2 and V3 only in the states. V2 version comes with the LEM installed. The USPc can come in V1 through V9. Here's a quick chart on USP variants:

http://www.hkpro.com/uspvariants.jpg

I personally like V1 on the USPs and those versions are the most common. I prefer the USPc over the SK, fits my hands better and I like the external safety/decocker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I happen to have both, the only 2 HK's I own.

I'm very fanatical about how crisp or mushy the SA trigger break is, and at least for my 2 guns, the P2000SK has a "slightly" crisper trigger break than the USP Compact, but both have some mush compared to the crispness of a SIG 226/229 trigger.

I like that the USPC has a model with cocked and locked and decocker built in, something the regular sized P2000 didn't have, but if I could do it again, I'd probably buy a P2000 and a P2000SK, as they share more parts (the extractor comes to mind, though there are others) and I think a heavy DA pull is enough safety.

The P2KSK pinky extension takes some getting used to, it feels a bit crowded, and flat floorplates leave your pinky wandering uncomfortably between grip and floorplate, trying to decide where to stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts