HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my review of the USP compact magazine extender from solumtool.com

I asked earlier on HKPRO if anyone had heard of them and it seemed no one did. So I took the plunge and ordered one. I got a blue one that increased the capacity by 5 rounds in 9mm. I ordered the USPc/P2000 model. No one else seems to make one specific to USPc.

I ordered online through their website and received the package in 3 days. Comes with the extender, longer spring, allen key, and a card. It shipped in bubble wrap packaging. (pictures below)

Initial impression: Was good, I am happy with it. The extender has a nice blue color and feels solid. The extender fit nicely onto my magazine and was easy to install. I followed the instructions on the back of the card, and it locked up tight. Easily drops free on an empty magazine. I am only able to get in 18 rounds by hand, the magazine easily loads into my gun with the 18 rounds loaded. Lastly I like the way it looks on my gun.

Shooting: So far I have put 250 rounds through the extender. It has locked beck the slide every time and I have had no malfunctions. I don’t find it hard to load and it did not really change how I reload my gun out of a mag pouch. I think it might of helped as I had more to grab onto.

PROS/CONS:
PRO: A +5 for the USPc gun. I like the look on my gun.

CON: 3 set screws to put on and take off, you need an allen key.

So far I am happy, but I have to put a lot more rounds through it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updating the thread. Over the weekend and last week, I went to the range and put another 500 rounds through the +5 extender. There were no malfunctions, and the magazine dropped free every time. I left the magazine loaded for about 2 weeks, no problems (didn't expect any). I will update as I have more rounds put through it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GasGuzz that is what it looks like. The spring slides over it, you can hear it seat when you put it on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Excellent review, excellent pictures. I am going to have to pick one of these up. Thanks very much for sharing this information!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I took the extender and pistol out 2 more times and have another 500 + rounds through it. Still functioning well, no failures to lock the slide back. No feeding malfunctions. Still happy I got it. Will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is my review of the USP compact magazine extender from solumtool.com

I asked earlier on HKPRO if anyone had heard of them and it seemed no one did. So I took the plunge and ordered one. I got a blue one that increased the capacity by 5 rounds in 9mm. I ordered the USPc/P2000 model. No one else seems to make one specific to USPc.

I ordered online through their website and received the package in 3 days. Comes with the extender, longer spring, allen key, and a card. It shipped in bubble wrap packaging. (pictures below)

Initial impression: Was good, I am happy with it. The extender has a nice blue color and feels solid. The extender fit nicely onto my magazine and was easy to install. I followed the instructions on the back of the card, and it locked up tight. Easily drops free on an empty magazine. I am only able to get in 18 rounds by hand, the magazine easily loads into my gun with the 18 rounds loaded. Lastly I like the way it looks on my gun.

Shooting: So far I have put 250 rounds through the extender. It has locked beck the slide every time and I have had no malfunctions. I don’t find it hard to load and it did not really change how I reload my gun out of a mag pouch. I think it might of helped as I had more to grab onto.

PROS/CONS:
PRO: A +5 for the USPc gun. I like the look on my gun.

CON: 3 set screws to put on and take off, you need an allen key.

So far I am happy, but I have to put a lot more rounds through it though.
How is the extender removed once the spring snaps into the extender? It appears as though the spring would then prevent the extender from sliding forward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice review, I'm looking at an extended magazine option for my p2000sk.
Out of curiosity what made you decide to go with this option over a full size magazine with a grip sleeve?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CCT125US : The extender comes off when you slide it. The spring gives enough to let it off. If it was loaded then it would not come off because the follower would trap it. I have put it on and taken it off a few times, it comes off easily.

omegajb: I actually get 18 total rounds instead of 15. That is a plus. I also liked the color and the way it looks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have not updated in a while. I have put another 300 rounds through the magazine. Still going strong. No complaints up to this point.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I replied to another post and figured I would update this thread too as it has been over 6 months. I am well over 17oo rounds, I lost count when I took some friends shooting. No problems..... Still going strong. I added some extenders to my other magazines. No complaints, over all very happy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts