HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how the HK date codes work but this is slightly different I think and I searched around and cant find the answer.

I bought a spare 10 round HK mag with finger extension for my USP 40c. On the bottom of the mag next to the .40c markings it says id in lower case. None of my other 40c mags say anything where this mark is. What does id mean? 1983?

I then was wondering what the date code on the USP 40c frame was. I took the slide off and saw at the top center of the frame just in front of the mag well it says ii in lowercase. This is the only "date code" markings I can find on the frame. Just so we are all on the same page this is an all numbers matching gun i bought new in 2000 and has the AA date code on the slide.

Were these frames made in 1988? Was the extra mag I bought made in 1983?

It doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Plastic HK's ( ie USP and USPc's ) were manufactured starting around 1993 area. Not sure what that " id " is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic HK's ( ie USP and USPc's ) were manufactured starting around 1993 area. Not sure what that " id " is.
Well the "ii" is on the inside of the USP40C frame and the "id" is on the mag.

Anyone else with a USP Compact have any insight?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Magazine Date Codes have nothing to due with the normal date codes. HK has refused to decipher the magazine date codes.

Early USP and USP Compact frames had different date codes as well from the normal date code. Only in the last few years has HK changed the frame date codes to the more normal style of date code.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
We got together a few years back and "think" we have figured out the magazine and frame date code. Back before the frame date code matched the slide date code, the frame and mag date codes were the same, but both different from the slide date code we all know and love.
Here is what we think is correct but it is not official.
Date codes
Slide=year=frame=mag
KA=90=JA=ja?
KB=91=?=?
KC=92=?=?
KD=93=IR=ir
KE=94=IE=ie
KF=95=IS=is
KG=96=IK=ik
KH=97=IO=io
KI=98=ID=id
KK=99=II=ii
AA=00=OR=or
AB=01=NP=np
AC=02=AC=ac?
AD=03=AD=ad?
AE=04=AE=ae?
AF=05=AF=af?
AG=06=AG=ag?
AH=07=AH=ah?

Therefore, an "id" mag is a 1998 made mag. But be aware that not all mags made in 1998 will have the "id" code. Many are codeless just as they are today.

And your frame was made in 99 and yes, it is VERY common for the frame and the slide to have different date codes. I have AD guns with AC frames and almost every mis-match you can think of, so do not be concerned if the frame and slide date codes do not match, so long as the serial number does that is all that matters.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's great info - this oughta be a sticky.

So my old one is a '95 (I got it from a friend dirt cheap and don't know its history) and my new one is an '07 - c00l

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was looking here to try to find where the date code on the frame is but the pics were deleted. Can someone tell me where to find or show a pic of the date code on a usp frame so I can compare it to the slide to make sure they are the same.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I was looking here to try to find where the date code on the frame is but the pics were deleted. Can someone tell me where to find or show a pic of the date code on a usp frame so I can compare it to the slide to make sure they are the same.
Holy necroposting, dude! The last post was more than 8 yrs ago.

Here's a pic of where you could find it. There is a good chance the 2 date codes will not be the same. Search for why they might not be the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts