HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my uspc 9mm the other day and was planning on putting it in my night stand. Anyway i want to keep a round in the chamber but dont want the hammer cocked. Is there anyway to decock the hammer with a round in the chamber? Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
if you have the v1 just use the decocker. push the safety down and the hammer should drop. what variant do u have?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a USPc in 9mm as well and the safety does not decock the hammer, mine is a v1. Might be a "compact" thing. Doesn't matter to me much, I'm going to convert it to LEM when funds allow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
all v1's (I have 4 of them) decock the hammer. push the safety down with some force. since it's new it might be stiff. do this with the gun unloaded to make sure everything is operational, then follow the manual. if it is a v1 and the decocker does not work you need to call HK CS right away...

it may be a var.9 which is da/sa with safety lever but no decocker. here's a link to the chart of variants:
http://www.hkpro.com/uspc.htm

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to tell through the serial number what variant it is? because i cant tell the difference btw the variants from the picture.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
With the safety off, you must push down on the control lever to get it to decock. The decocker is in the opposite direction of the safety, and requires more travel downward to activate the decocker.

The engaged safety is at about a 15 degree angle upward, with the safety off the control lever is horizontal, and the decocker doesn't function until the control lever is about 45 degrees downward.

For a horrible visual representation...looking at the left side of the gun:

\ - safe on
_ - safe off
/ - decock

Or for a better look, go to page 17 of the USP manual: http://parkcitiestactical.com/manuals/usp.pdf

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe the original case says what it is, if you have the factory case with the stickers still on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts