HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did H&K quit offering the USPc in .357 Sig?

And did they give any reason why?

Thanks in advance for responses...

·
Registered
27 Posts
i believe in the last two years(?), i think the discontinue was from poor sales of the pistols and of the ammo. Plus the price of ammo was never cheap, even the plinking stuff. i also have heard that the brass isnt re-loadable, which makes the ammo more expensive by having to buy new ammo every time you shoot. sorry if i'm not 100% accurate on this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was dismal sales. The 357 Sig is a blasty little round, and ammo is expensive. Last I heard, there were still plenty of new ones available, just no new ones coming in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
At one point I was a .357 Sig addict and really wanted a USPc in that caliber. I am now glad I did not buy one. In fact I have sold every .357 I had purchased.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am now glad I did not buy one. In fact I have sold every .357 I had purchased.
+1 I really liked my USPc .357sig as it was extremely accurate and fun to shoot but sold it due to ammo prices. Poor sales killed it just like the .357sig P2000 :(.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Still my favorite--

When did H&K quit offering the USPc in .357 Sig?

And did they give any reason why?

Thanks in advance for responses...

They stopped importing the .357 compact several months ago, supposedly due to lack of sales. I immediately bought 2 more for a total of three. I love these guns. I carry and shoot the original one and keep the others as spares, still unfired.

I also have a .40 compact that I practice more with to help defray operating costs since the .357 SIG ammo is on the pricey side.

I should mention that the unfired ones have actually had about 1000 trigger pulls each on snap caps to smooth out the trigger action.

The .357 compact can still be had, but eventually will be harder to come by.

Best;

ARKAY

·
Registered
250 Posts
You would expect that ammo prices would have come down on this round. As far a I'm concerned, the only drawback to the .357 is that it's loud as all hell. It's accurate, fast, not too harsh (with the right gun - in a Sig 229 it's like sex in your hand), and possibly most importantly, it's been adopted by serveral federal agencies including the Secret Service. This is one capable round. It may possibly be "the best all around" pistol round out there. Are any HK's still coming in .357? If someone has one, tell us how it compares to other calibers in the same gun (if you have that experience of course). Thanks.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I bought one of the first P229 when they came out and still carry today a P2000 in .357 SIG.
Ammo is in the same range price wise as .40 and since I load myself my ammo, it's just 2 cent more then my 9mm (not counting the brass).

I hope the P30 comes out in .357 SIG. I sure would buy one!
The USPc .357 is a great gun too. The P2000 fits just better my hand!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I just bought one and plan to use it as a back-up (2nd gun) to my primary carry, replacing a well-worn but reliable Sig 239. I dumped the Sig as I like the 'cocked & locked feature of this smaller USP if I needed to go to it during an encounter...

FWIW, my primary carry is a P16/40 - (16+1) converted to 10mm. Twelve rounds of .357 Sig just feels good nestled in the back-up holster should I need it for myself or someone with me that might be unarmed if attacked...

Thanks again, Gentlemen...

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can reload .357 Sig. You can not however reform .40 brass into .357 Sig brass. The overal case length will be about .020 too short. This round headspaces on the case mouth not the shoulder so case lenght is a major concern. 10mm cases have a large primer thus creating a need for a different loading table.

I have a .357 USP Compact and one of those G word type pistols chambered in that caliber as well. Great round to say the least. Flat shooter and accurate. As far as the boom factor....well lets just say when you first touch off a round at an indor range there are a lot of heads looking over to see what the hell just made that noise!

New HK offerings in .357 Sig are the P2000 and the P2000SK. I am hopeing to get one here in mASS. They are currently the only new production HK pistols this state may approve. No new HK pistols since 1998. Sad state to live in.:170000:

I guess you could say I am a closet lover of this round!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
HK USPC .357 SIG

From what I understand, only a few thousand of them were sold, which wouldn't have made it worthwhile for HK. I got one several years ago. I've shot over 4,000 rounds through it, carried it from New Hampshire to New Orleans, and I'm never selling it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts