HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a uspc and it can be problems sometimes. I carry it in a ctac iwb holster. I bought a sk and I from wearing it around the house, it will not be a problem hiding it. I have to find a holster for it now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I carry a USP Compact IWB, it prints depending on the clothes I wear. Well, I guess that is the case with many, but it prints pretty easy.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I prefer the P2KSK but if you already have two of the others.....I guess it depends on if you want to spend the extra money.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Same deal...

I have two USPc 9mm's and was wondering if it would be good for concealed carry or should I get a P2000SK. I am rather big 6'2" 210lbs.

Thanks a lot everyone!
I am also 6'2"-210lbs. I carry a .357 compact with no trouble at all in one of a few different Rosen holsters. I'm sure an SK would be pretty simple to conceal, but it's too small for my hand, and truthfully I don't care for the smaller capacity anyway. Having said that, the SK is actually a beautiful little gun, and quite accurate as well.

Good luck in your quest;

ARKAY

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I carry a USP Compact IWB, it prints depending on the clothes I wear. Well, I guess that is the case with many, but it prints pretty easy.
Yeah I have the same problem I use the Galco Skyops and it prints depending on the weather... in the summer I wear white tshirts but in the winter I wear sweat shirts and it makes all the different. The problem is during the summer my job gets more dangerous so I want something I can conceal in the summer as well as the winter.

But my fear is that the P2000SK would be too small for my hands... I dont want my pinky not to be on the grip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
P2SK!

I have a USP-C .40 that I never could hide well enough, even w/CTAC holster. Then I bought the P2SK in .40, problem solved. You can use your P2000 mags in 'em w/X-Grip adapter if you need the 3 rd extra capacity (.40).

Dress in MS VMII or MTAC or Crossbreed and you should be good to go. Liked them so much, got a LEM V3 version as well!

·
Registered
221 Posts
this is going to be a personal decision based on a lot of personal factors your build, do you like the short grip of the sk, and clothing choices.

i think u will generally have an easier time concealing the p2ksk than the uspc. However, i use a uspc instead of p2ksk, but i have a big enough build and enough concealment options (iwb, concealing garments, briefcase) to not need the sk.

i also really prefer being able to have my whole hand on the grip vs the sk. again that's my preference...

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I carry the P2000SK in a Fist ISW kydex holster. I also have big hands. I wear a 2XL glove. I let my pinky hang like I am drinking tea with the Queen.

My P2000SK is in the 40 S&W and I really like it! I also carry my USPf 45 Tach. in a custom shoulder rig or in a Fist Hy-ride with FBI cant. I also have a USPf 40 S&W. I carry in a fist also OSW.

Make sure you have a good belt! If you don't like your pinky hanging I can not change that for you. I would see if you can barrow a friend's SK to shoot to see if you can get used to it.

www.fist-inc.com They can help you with a good belt as well as a good holster for a reasonable price. That is if you go with the P2000SK which HK doesn't make in a 10mm. If they did I would have one.

Good luck in your search! I hope this helps you. TJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would you guys recommend 9mm, .40 or 10mm for personal defense carry?

If you get a sk, you will need to get which ever one you can shoot the best. Remember that the sk is alot smaller than the uspc. 2 good shots with a 9mm would be better than several misses with a .40. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go with the P2000SK :D In .40 cal LEM V2. Get a Tucker IWB "The Answer" and it fits wonderfully...

Best wishes and be safe!
Kevin

·
Registered
472 Posts
Another option:

Would you guys recommend 9mm, .40 or 10mm for personal defense carry? I was planning on carrying a magazine in the gun and two others as backup.

Thanks in advance.
Don't forget that USPC's and P2000SK's are also available in the fabulous .357Sig caliber as well.

The .357 is a great alternative;

ARKAY

·
Registered
221 Posts
i prefer the 40 to the 9mm but that's my preference, get whatever u shoot best with. i've had several leo's tell me they prefer the 40 to the 9mm but who it doesn't matter what you use if you can't hit your target

don't forget, if u get a 40 all u need to do is get a .357 sig barrel from jarvis to convert it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i carry a fullsize usp i'm also a big guy 6'3" 230 if i wear a tight shirt you can see it. but for me i wear an open button down over my t-shirt. no more problems. for me even in the las vegas heat this is best setup as i shoot best with my uspf and that is the sidearm i want if i need it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you get a sk, you will need to get which ever one you can shoot the best. Remember that the sk is alot smaller than the uspc. 2 good shots with a 9mm would be better than several misses with a .40. Just my thoughts.
Thats true... I am more proficient with the 9mm as I have 2 USPc 9mm SS's but I'd feel bad carrying them :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I carry a USP 40C, and occasionally when I want something smaller, or clothing dictates a change it's a Glock 26 - 9mm, or a S&W J-frame .38 snub Centennial. I am also large framed and have no trouble concealing the 40C, my mode of carry is IWB with a summer special type holster, strong side, about the 4 o'clock position, on a Wilderness Tactical belt. Don't forget for CCW most logical folks will suggest you move up in pants by one size if you're packing IWB, and also by one shirt size to avoid printing.

The 9C would be an excellent weapon to carry if you already own one (one of Glock's best for this task is their G19 that's similar in size), it puts controllable, accurate firepower (with the right JHP - medium weights +P or +P+) in the perfect size/weight package, the same as my 40 cal offers. I see no reason to buy another weapon, unless you just want another HK :) - there is a trend or thought toward the smaller the better for CCW, but I think that's false after carrying for 1 1/2 years. Remember it's what you can shoot the best that really matters, some folks tote the largest HK USP in 45 for their concealed weapon, I prefer medium sized weapons for this task versus the largest or smallest available, thus my choice of the USP 40C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts