HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has LNIB USP9C with a damaged slide. Hasn't been able to find a replacement online but tells me he's found a P2000 slide and wonders if it will fit the USP9C frame.

I have no clue, have never even seen a P2000. Can someone enlight me?

If you can suggest where to buy a USP9C slide that's even better, but now I'm curious about matching slides.

Thanks,

0-0

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If you can suggest where to buy a USP9C slide that's even better
HK. So find his local authorized dealer or armorer, and they could deal with it.

What exactly happened to his slide? BTW, a gun with a damaged slide is not LNIB.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If you can suggest where to buy a USP9C slide that's even better, but now I'm curious about matching slides.
Has he tried calling HK directly?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wasn't there a guy here a while ago that wanted to know if a cracked slide would be covered under an warranty AND THEN promptly vanished when the experts here suggested that it looks like the slide was cracked from cramping it in the vice too hard ??

I felt bad for the guy, BUT THAT WAS FUNNY.

Hope it's not the same gun. (can't remember if that was uspc or not.)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
he's found a P2000 slide and wonders if it will fit the USP9C frame.
A buddy of mine has a P2000, and we swapped the upper with one of my USP Compacts. It fit just fine, and appeared to function the way it is supposed to. We didn't get a chance to shoot them like that, but I'm willing to believe that they would have worked. That said, I assume no liability here whatsoever. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
A buddy of mine has a P2000, and we swapped the upper with one of my USP Compacts. It fit just fine, and appeared to function the way it is supposed to. We didn't get a chance to shoot them like that, but I'm willing to believe that they would have worked. That said, I assume no liability here whatsoever. ;)
Hmm... that's interesting to know.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wasn't there a guy here a while ago that wanted to know if a cracked slide would be covered under an warranty AND THEN promptly vanished when the experts here suggested that it looks like the slide was cracked from cramping it in the vice too hard ??

I felt bad for the guy, BUT THAT WAS FUNNY.

Hope it's not the same gun. (can't remember if that was uspc or not.)
I remember that now. Like you said, it was funny and sad at the same time.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I too would like to know, in what manner is the slide "damaged"? I would contact HK and have them replace the slide. Putting the slide from another model of HK pistol onto a different model's frame is ill advised. This could cause malfunctions, or worse, irreparable damage to the pistol or injury to the operator.

...Hope it's not the same gun. (can't remember if that was uspc or not.)
If I recall correctly, the pistol with the cracked slide rails due to it being cranked down in a vice was a HK45.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The slides are not compatible. I have both models and have tried it. The USP barrel will not fit into the P2000's slide in case someone wants to know.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The slides are not compatible. I have both models and have tried it. The USP barrel will not fit into the P2000's slide in case someone wants to know.
In my opinion that's a good thing. When things fit just well enough to "kinda" work is usually when bad things happen. This isn't carpentry we're talking about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well thank you everybody for your time and wisdom. Not familiar with the gun, just reporting what my friend told me.

I'm located in Argentina, there's no HK rep or importer and the last HKs that were brought to this country did it back in 2001. The P2000 model never made it. Here there's no warranty or CS, no parts, no luck, no nothing. We are familiar with the USP line and that's it. Used ones sell for $1400 and up.

My friend stated that he was able to purchase a slide in the US and asked for my assistance to locate one. That is all the info I have. Probably the largest HK pistol owner in this country (own 6 HK handguns) so I'm the go to guy when questions arise.

TGS: I ment Like New Intriguingly Busted (LNIB) ;-) No clue what happened to it, never seen it.

Thanks again.

0-0

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
You would really need to know the nature and extent of damage to the slide to determine whether or not it warrants replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I trust the owner is knowledgeable enough.
The guns are so expensive here and parts are none existant that given the possibility of buying a slide in the US I'd be pressed to do the same thing.
He told me he only found a P2000 slide as a part for sale somewhere (no clue) and therefore the question I posted. Never heard or read of someone switching slides between models.

0-0

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I trust the owner is knowledgeable enough.
The guns are so expensive here and parts are none existant that given the possibility of buying a slide in the US I'd be pressed to do the same thing.
He told me he only found a P2000 slide as a part for sale somewhere (no clue) and therefore the question I posted. Never heard or read of someone switching slides between models.

0-0
And we're back to the question.......

If he can buy a P2000 slide in the US why can't he buy a USPc slide from HK-USA?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
And we're back to the question.......

If he can buy a P2000 slide in the US why can't he buy a USPc slide from HK-USA?
This.

He can't legally have a P2000 slide shipped to him from the US if he's in Argentina without at least going through an exporter on the US side.

So if he can buy a P2000 slide in the US, then that means he's in the US.....which means he can have HK-USA address the issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not familiar with HK-USA. Bought all my handguns locally and parts and accesories I always brought from the US. Here they are nonexistant or ridiculously priced. A regular USP mag is $150 if you can find it.
He can buy the slide in the US through a traveling relative for all I know. Asked if I could help find a source.

How do you contact HK-USA, directly or through a LGS?

0-0

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Not familiar with HK-USA. Bought all my handguns locally and parts and accesories I always brought from the US. Here they are nonexistant or ridiculously priced. A regular USP mag is $150 if you can find it.
He can buy the slide in the US through a traveling relative for all I know. Asked if I could help find a source.

How do you contact HK-USA, directly or through a LGS?

0-0
Directly +1(706)568-1906 x227

1 - 18 of 18 Posts