HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first HK about a month ago (HK45). I would now like to upgrade my carry gun to an HK. (It does not take long to catch the HK bug!!) It looks like it is going to be a USPc. I have noticed that some of them have a bobbed hammer. Does this come with certain variants or calibers? Can it be ordered with or without as an option? It does not mention it on the HK website.

Does the standard finish hold up to daily wear or is stainless the only way to go?

·
Registered
349 Posts
You should be able to order it with the bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a USP .45c that's one of my 3 EDC guns >>

& I have noticed almost no wear marks from the Leather Galco Miami Shoulder rig. There are days I can't carry but then it rides in the car in an Uncle Mike's. Anyway, I've had the USPc about 2 years and there are some very slight slide / breech marks from the range but nothing that makes me wish I'd ordered a SS slide.

Besides, the gun looks way better in all black. imho, of course. :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is very nice. I agree with you that it does look best all black. That's the way I would like to go, just wasn't sure about the wear issue.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Very nice pic. I will be posting mine next week. Except a USPc .40 LEM w/ two 12rd mags and I'll add my S&W S.W.A.T. Auto knife in it, too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe most compacts have the bobbed hammer. Mine is a V1 with bobbed hammer. My favorite handgun! There are 9 different variants. You can search for them and see what you can get. The options are not caliber dependent.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If you go LEM, I dont think you have to worry about it, the hammer that comes with the LEM looks pretty bobbed to me, I cant imagine they have anything smaller than that? Here is a photo of my USPc LEM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The "standard" USP Compacts come w/ a bobbed hammer, but you can swap it out for a spurred hammer. Or order it that way from the git-go.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
All Compacts except the V9 and V10 come with bobbed hammers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts