HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a list of parts to order. I am having a USPc hard chromed and I wanted to also have the parts that most often break on hand and already hard chromed so that I have them on hand if I need them since I cant just go out and buy hard chromed parts on a whim.

So far all I can think of is the firing pin, but I am sure there are a few more I will need. Its a a 2006 (AG) model, if it matters.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nothing, not even the firing pin, "often" break on the USP. I have several that get shot a lot with the most shot being my USPC .45 with over 11K through it and I have not needed to replace anything.
IMHO the ONLY thing you need to keep on had for replacement is AMMO!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing, not even the firing pin, "often" break on the USP. I have several that get shot a lot with the most shot being my USPC .45 with over 11K through it and I have not needed to replace anything.
IMHO the ONLY thing you need to keep on had for replacement is AMMO!
I know, I havent had issues with any of my USPs. I meant that I just wanted to have parts on hand and pre chromed that could break. I know the percentage is very low, but what do you see as any weak links that you would rather have on hand than risk taking 3 - 6 months to wait in order to replace them.

I figure HKUSA can take up to 90 days to get a part, and fords takes 3+ months to hard chrome, so I just wanted to have my bases covered thats all.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Honest to God I don't know what to tell you. The only thing that I can recall that has even a noticeable failure rate is the mag springs and they are readily available from Wolff. Even the firing pin thing is way over rated IMO and is not near as prevalent as it sometimes seems from the postings on this board. Think of all the people who do NOT have problems with the firing pin and the very low number that are actually returned to HK for repair. And I don't think you would want the FP plated because that will change the dimensions and that would certainly cause problems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Weak link

Your life is unknown for possibiltiy. My 1998 USPC has never failed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I could be as positive. I've had 2 firing pins break on USPc 40s&w.Older style and replaced with newer pins. One was an AB and the other an AC date code. My AD and AE codes no breakage of firing pins. One has 39k rounds.
I have just had my second hammer strut break. Both broke at the juncture of the vertical straight piece where it connects to the curved portion. Also had a crack in the hammer face, 1/4" vertical. No stoppage,caught it during cleaning.Blunted extractor claw also caught in routine cleaning.Both of these were on an AC date code. All the above listed are USPc's with LEM.No reloads or remanufactured ammo.Always factory loaded and probably 99% FMJ training rounds,various brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts