HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone advise me on how hard it would be to change the safety lever from the left side of the pistol to the right?; can a local gunsmith do it? I'm a lefty and it sure would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
It can be done as part of the variant changes, variant 2 for example is- I think -variant 1 but for lefties.

You can see on your frame the cuts are there, even the white line is there.

HK recommends variant alterations be done only by HK qualified gunsmiths. However, it seems like on of those things if you are responsible about it, take your time, and work carefully you could probably get it done.

Maybe others will know for sure if it is something you can easily do etc, in any case I don't have any instructions or such that would help you- other than I do know it is possible. :D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Go here: http://www.streetpro.com/usp/detail/index.html

Read, and then click on the link at the bottom. That's pretty much all you need. You just insert the control lever from the other direction than the one in that "how to".

If you want to go for the ambidextrous control lever, you insert that just like you would the v1 lever. The first one is pretty much exactly the same as the v1 lever, just a little longer. Slip the right side lever over the end, and drive the pin through after you make sure it all aligns. Don't go hammering that metal pin through the polymer control lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts