HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the slide release to move, as if being pushed out to the left to takedown the pistol, when the slide cycles? It doesn't seem to effect the function of the pistol and I had to move my trigger finger a little lower when it's outside the trigger guard but I am worried about it. I know it's moving because I can push it back in from the left side of the pistole and it makes a small audible click and moves back to the right. I also have noticed that finger pressure on the slide release can push it out, so I moved the position of my trigger finger when it's outside of the trigger guard. I'm assuming this is just a USPc trait but like I said the slide relase is being pushed out slightly when the slide cycle's, not far enough to effect the function but still worrysome.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If it's barely pushed out, I wouldn't worry about it. I usually shoot 200-250 rounds each time I go to the range with my USPc, but the slide release lever doesn't get pushed out at all. It stays in tight. I do want to know if your situation is normal.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's barely pushed out, I wouldn't worry about it. I usually shoot 200-250 rounds each time I go to the range with my USPc, but the slide release lever doesn't get pushed out at all. It stays in tight. I do want to know if your situation is normal.
Hmm. Now that makes me think it's not normal. It's a BA date code if that helps.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Mine stays in tight...doesn't seem normal to me, especially the fact you can push it back in and get that audible click.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Was it new when you got it, Darebear? If not, you might want to check the slide release spring to see if it needs replacing.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was it new when you got it, Darebear? If not, you might want to check the slide release spring to see if it needs replacing.

Yes brought it brand new, the spring looks new as well but I didn't take it out. Should I take it out and replace it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unless you're shooting lefty and pushing on the bugger while shooting. Which it doesn't seem that you are. To take down my USPc I actually push with my index finger and rack the slide, normally this pops the release out thru the takedown notch and allows the release to be fully removed.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
It cant come out as its being held captive by the slide, obviously the only way it can be completely removed, is IF it lines up with the cutout notch on the slide. I would monitor it though, if it continues this behavior, that spring may be 'out of spec' and at one point need to be replaced. Talk to Travis at HK Customer Service to get his thoughts.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It cant come out as its being held captive by the slide, obviously the only way it can be completely removed, is IF it lines up with the cutout notch on the slide. I would monitor it though, if it continues this behavior, that spring may be 'out of spec' and at one point need to be replaced. Talk to Travis at HK Customer Service to get his thoughts.
Thanks Kost and all. I'm going to call HK CS on Monday. First HK problem I've had that requires a C.S. call, beats all the Glocks I've owned. 3 Glocks, 3 problems. 8 different HK's, 1 problem.

One more question, if the spring is out of spec can it be remedied with a simple swap? If so how simple is the swap? Is it something I can do on my own?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got off the phone with Jeffy @ HK CS. He explained to me that it is normal. Some HK's do it, some don't. Said it just means the gun's tolerances aren't as tight as others. He also said something about the "flange" hitting the slide and that's the audible click I'm hearing... Eh got me... But good to know HK says it's normal. Hopefully future OCD USPc owners will get the one's with tighter tolerances lol, cause I know this "click" kinda bothers me even though I know it's normal.

Also, HK customer service people are really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts