HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with a trigger on a USPc failing to reset forward? I have less than 200 round through mine, and now when I dry fire the trigger does not reset all the way forward each time. My guess is the trigger return spring is too light and needs to be replaced. There is no grit or dirt in the action, the gun is clean. I contacted H&K but Travis is out until Monday. Any advice from the more experienced H&K shooters? With anything mechanical problems are to be expected, I'm sure this is nothing that can't be resolved, but I'm hoping to avoid shipping back to H&K.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Does it fail to reset or just fail to return all the way forward? If it fails you reset you cannot fire the pistol again until you push the trigger forward and that is a major malfunction, likely a broken trigger return spring. If it only fails to go back all the way forward but it does reset, then that is most likely nothing to worry about. The trigger not going all the way forward is not something that concerns me much unless the trigger is not resetting and has to be pushed forward so you can fire again.
Also, does it do this when you release the trigger normally or only when you release it very slowly. If only when you release the trigger slowly then it is nothing to worry about. If it happens when you release the trigger normally then something may be wrong.

Short answer:
Resets but fails to return all the way forward when released slowly gut does return all the way forward when released normally=nothing to worry about.
Fails to reset ever=major problem and needs repair.
Fails to return all the way forward when released normally=may be problem and needs looking in to.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Bore, first thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it. I did make sure I searched the site for similar threads before posting. Back to the issue, I had this happen on my first time at the range, the trigger did not go forward far enough to reset. I thought it was just me milking the trigger or something, I though it wierd the gun wouldn't fire after cycling the slide and chambering another round.

During dry fire it started if I released the trigger slowly, then I added a little oil to the pivot point at the front of the trigger bar. Now it hangs more often even releasing the trigger normally. It just feels like the trigger return spring is weak, when I compare it to my P2K-SK the return spring is limp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts