HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pass along some comments regarding a trigger job Bill Springfield did on my new USPc .45. When I first received the pistol it shot well but the trigger return was marginal. A call to HK confirmed that USPs have an issue with the factory spring, they shipped me a replacement that I believe is for the P2000. The entire trigger pull was very gritty and heavy. Fortunately from time to time business brings me to Colorado Springs, so I contacted Bill. He agreed to meet me on short notice, and offered to do a trigger job plus install the TRS overnight! Here is Bill's comment on how he felt it came out:

Got-er-done, new spring is in. Much better, 100% reset. I did some fine tuning; SA is a very short, clean break. DA is nice and smooth instead of clunky, like before. Pull weight is a hair lighter, but the new trigger spring negated some of the gains. Over all much better than before, I think you will like it.

Dry-firing confirms what Bill said, this trigger is WAY better than before. While the DA pull is still heavy enough for my liking, the SA is smooth and consistent. I certainly would recommend Bill's work, his pricing is great and his turn around time was quick! I can't wait to get back out to the range.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AG date stamp, new from CDNN a few weeks ago. I posted a thread earlier, basically I had one failure for the trigger to reset while firing. At the time I thought it was operator error, then I noticed the trigger reset was weak while dryfiring. I called HK, and Travis told me this is an issue from time to time with USP. He sent off a new TRS, but I think he mentioned it would be a P2000 instead of a USP. It looked different to me. The part number on the bag is 209266. Seems much better now, regardless of how slowly I release the trigger it always resets. Maybe Bill Springfield has further comments.

G

·
I just have to post on here to give a thumbs up for Bill Springfields trigger job on my USP45 fullsize. I sent it to him last Thursday I believe and I recieved it back today...outstanding!!

I have not measured the trigger pull yet, but when it goes off it is crisp and kind of a suprise (and I mean that in a good way) as in it you do not feel any creep or grittyness, it just comes to the point where the trigger has resistence and then a nice bit of pressure and it releases. Just like it should be. The double action pull is much lighter as well.

I would not hesitate to recommend Bill's trigger job to anyone with a USP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts