HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to instructions by TooSixy and comments and videos by others, I modified a three-year old HK45c from V1 to Match-LEM-Hybrid. Good result. That trigger was improved.

About the same time that I ordered the match and LEM parts for the 45c, I ordered a new USPc 45 V1 and thought about installing a match trigger kit in that. I was counseled, and, in fact, it is posted elsewhere on the forum, that the UPSc trigger has almost no overtravel, so the overtravel set screw on the match trigger (even modified to fit in that gun) would not be worthwhile, so I waited. When the gun came in, I found that the USPc trigger was very good right out of the box and the comments on the forum about that trigger having almost no overtravel are correct. BUT I don't like the bobbed hammer that came on the gun and I wonder if, when I change the hammer, a set of springs (match sear, match hammer and maybe match TRS) would make a good trigger even better (or if maybe I shouldn't mess with it at all). I don't want to change this to LEM -- at least not yet.

Welcome any comments by anybody who's done this and has advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I would install the Match trigger group, but keep the existing trigger, I hear that's a great setup for USP Compact. I'm really wanting to do that in a USP Compact 9mm, but the existing trigger has really come in to it's own now, so I may leave it how it's set up now.

I did go to a spurred hammer & converted to V9 to get rid of decock, HK45C mag release, Trijicon Green night sights & DecalGrip. On a side note, going to V9 does away with the 1/2 cock on the hammer, no biggie really.

Let us know what you do & how it works for you.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put match sets in my three full sized USPs and put the old spurred hammers from them in my three compacts. I thought the match triggers were kind of cheesy and didn't see any need to get rid of a 1/16" over travel on the compacts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw three TRS's, stock, match and light but I decided to stick with the stock in a couple because the match had a hard time resetting and really you can hardly tell the difference. I had better luck polishing the hammer, sear and the other parts to get a really smooth trigger. Almost makes them bearable. The match hammer seemed to have a lot less creep.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Match TRS is the lightest but I'd stick with the stock TRS for reasons already discussed.

But if you want to try just a spurred hammer for your compact:
Hammer, Spurred, Complete (V1-4, 9, 10) Gun Parts | 603180 | Numrich Gun Parts
Thanks. You're the guru on these things. Good price from Numrich on the hammer.

Any comment on the match sear spring or the match hammer spring? I haven't torn into it yet so I really don't know what's there. Do you think it's worth while to try or is the assumed benefit either marginal or non-existent? The gun has a BF code.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw three TRS's, stock, match and light but I decided to stick with the stock in a couple because the match had a hard time resetting and really you can hardly tell the difference. I had better luck polishing the hammer, sear and the other parts to get a really smooth trigger. Almost makes them bearable. The match hammer seemed to have a lot less creep.
Thanks for the comments. Did you replace a bobbed hammer? There is a spurred hammer and a match hammer listed in the catalog. Do you know the difference?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I replaced the bobbed hammers with the stock spurred hammers from the full sized. While I couldn't see any difference between the stock and the match hammer (except for the S stamped on the match) there appears to be less or different sear engagement because there was less creep.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
There is a subtle difference between the standard hammer and the Match hammer. One of the differences is that the radius on the bottom of the Match hammer is more polished.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Thanks. You're the guru on these things. Good price from Numrich on the hammer.

Any comment on the match sear spring or the match hammer spring? I haven't torn into it yet so I really don't know what's there. Do you think it's worth while to try or is the assumed benefit either marginal or non-existent? The gun has a BF code.
The Match sear spring will give you that nice, crispy trigger break. The Match HS will lower the DA trigger pull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts